Moisture in headlight, working intermittently

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA250 4Matic
Moisture in headlight, working intermittently

2014 CLA250 4Matic w/ Bi-Xenon headlights
Hello all, so the other day my right headlight went out while driving. I though well I'll just replace the bulb, not so bad.
Then I got a message to check my daytime running lights (LED strip) and they went out as well. After that my turn signal started blinking fast on the dash as if it was out as well, although on the outside of the car it functioned normally. These problems have been intermittent.

After some investigation, I noticed the cover behind the headlight was off (behind the access door in the wheel well). The headlight also had some moisture inside.

My guess is that somehow the cover fell off and water got in there and shorted something out or corroded a ground. My thoughts are nothing is fried since the turn signal and low beam still work, they just send error messages.
Anyone else had this problem? Figured I'd ask before I take the headlight assy out and pull it apart to look.

All the fuses are fine, as I expected since the lights still work (except HID bulb).

Any help if appreciated! Thanks!
Old 11-30-2019, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes CLA 250 4 matic
Headlight moisture

Originally Posted by Merc_Guy_77
2014 CLA250 4Matic w/ Bi-Xenon headlights
Hello all, so the other day my right headlight went out while driving. I though well I'll just replace the bulb, not so bad.
Then I got a message to check my daytime running lights (LED strip) and they went out as well. After that my turn signal started blinking fast on the dash as if it was out as well, although on the outside of the car it functioned normally. These problems have been intermittent.

After some investigation, I noticed the cover behind the headlight was off (behind the access door in the wheel well). The headlight also had some moisture inside.

My guess is that somehow the cover fell off and water got in there and shorted something out or corroded a ground. My thoughts are nothing is fried since the turn signal and low beam still work, they just send error messages.
Anyone else had this problem? Figured I'd ask before I take the headlight assy out and pull it apart to look.

All the fuses are fine, as I expected since the lights still work (except HID bulb).

Any help if appreciated! Thanks!
yes I have the same problem,what I did is I smoked the headlight put smoke machine hose inside of the Headlight and smoke start coming out between the glass and the plastic backing i use clear silicone and worked so far OK not forging And lied working normal