Rattling Noise Coming from Dashboard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA250
Rattling Noise Coming from Dashboard

Hello everyone,
I am having a rattling noise in my 2015 CLA250 that seems to be coming from the dashboard area, possibly from one of the vents. It sometimes starts rattling when I go over a small bump, and then keeps rattling as if something is loose or so. I have had the car several times at the dealer and they said first they could not replicate it, then another time they could replicate it and applied a certain standard fix, and finally they said they also disassembled the dashboard. The issue was not fixed by any of these measures.
I have attached a video of the noise, so if someone has an idea what it is and how it could be fixed, that would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much!
Attached Files
File Type: mpeg
car_noise_upload.mpeg (3.57 MB, 381 views)
Old 01-30-2020, 10:47 AM

2018 CLA250 4Matic / 2011 BMW M3 / 2008 C300
hey,

did you have this issue resolved? i have the same exact issue aswell, most noticeable in the morning after the car has been sitting all night. I've brought it to my local dealership, and they couldn't replicate it either.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:37 PM

CLA250
Unfortunately it did not get resolved so far. If they cannot replicate it, maybe you could also take a video and show it to them (also post your video here if you don't mind). Then they should try again to replicate it. In my case, they were able to replicate it at some point, but then they said they dis- and reassembled the dashboard and it had gone away. Unfortunately this was not the case - the noise came up again.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:28 AM

Cla 45
Instrument cluster

That noise coming from the instrument cluster , I had the same issue there is a cheap piece of plastic that goes around inside top of the cluster.