New head unit and software update incoming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cla200 c117 2013
New head unit and software update incoming

Hi guys,
First time Mercedes user and first time on this forum, I'm glad to join your community
I have a question I'd like to ask before I make a purchase on a after market head unit screen.
I'm planning to buy a '12.5"/10.25".Android 11 8+128G GPS Nagation Player for Mercedes Benz A-Class W176,GLA-Class X156, Benz CLA-Class C117 2012-2018', and to make that short, a '12.5 128GB Android screen'. The thing is that it comes in two versions, a NTG 4.5 AND A NTG 5. 0.
I Have confirmed my car is A NTG4. 5, however I am going to a Mercedes dealer in about 3 weeks to get a 'software update' and a Mercedesme adapter installed. Also, apparently these both things are free of charge (I'm in Australia).
The question I'd love to get an answer to, with the software update, will my NTG version change by any chance? Because I don't want to get a NTG4. 5 and later my car gets an update to NTG5. 0 where as when my item arrives it will be useless.
Kindly let me know as the aftermarket screen is costing me about a grand and I'm really not looking forward to refunding process if it comes to it.
See attached a picture of my current head unit.

Thanks and have a lovely day.
My car is : CLA200 c117 couple.

Old 04-25-2023, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 CLA 250 4 Matic
Hey Goku9k, was wondering if you ended up getting the aftermarket screen? I too was looking to upgrade the factory system for Apple Carplay. In my searching of threads I found the upgraded screen head units and was now strongly considering this. They seem to have decent reviews on Amazon, just not many though.