CLA Coupe (C117) 2014-present

Aux battery replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 250 2021
Aux battery replacement

So i went to my local dealership I have a CLA 250 2021base, I bought it used, and it says an error with the aux battery, I bought it today, but my question is that if I could do it myself, i ask with the parts sales person and he told me yeah yo can do it, it’s just remove and put the new one in, actually they can do it here go to service its pretty quick, I went to service and the technician was confused, he appeared to not know what to do, he look at the battery for 5 mins, go to the office, come back, and he says that i needed an appointment and charge me 250 for just the labor and i was like what?? Ok, and left, i went to another one and they charge 350 i was pretty upset, It really supposed to be a reprogram after? They look that they just want to charge for anything I was looking in the forum and videos and none of them talks about that. Maybe is just an excuse. i am not sure since is the new model.
Old 03-18-2023, 08:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,485 Likes on 2,114 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by CLA250MX
So i went to my local dealership I have a CLA 250 2021base, I bought it used, and it says an error with the aux battery, I bought it today, but my question is that if I could do it myself, i ask with the parts sales person and he told me yeah yo can do it, it’s just remove and put the new one in, actually they can do it here go to service its pretty quick, I went to service and the technician was confused, he appeared to not know what to do, he look at the battery for 5 mins, go to the office, come back, and he says that i needed an appointment and charge me 250 for just the labor and i was like what?? Ok, and left, i went to another one and they charge 350 i was pretty upset, It really supposed to be a reprogram after? They look that they just want to charge for anything I was looking in the forum and videos and none of them talks about that. Maybe is just an excuse. i am not sure since is the new model.
Auxiliary battery doesn't need programming, IIRC it is just a capacitor inside a battery shell. Starter battery as well on many MB models don't need programming and usually is plug and play. As for location of the auxiliary battery, it is model dependent, yours might be below the passenger glovebox IIRC. I could be wrong though.

If you have a 2021, your car is a C118 actually.