2021 CLA 250 check engine light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 CLA 250
2021 CLA 250 check engine light

Hi guys,

I bought a brand new 2021 CLA 250 back in October. It currently has 12,360 miles on it. Last week, the orange check engine light came on. I noticed the vehicle was shaking when I was at a stop light, or when the vehicle is in park. I took it to the dealer, and they turned off the check engine light for me. They said if the problem persist, bring it back to them. A few days later, the light came back on. The vehicle is shaking worse than it was before. I am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow, and drop it off so they can correct the issue. For the record, I always put 93 octane in my vehicle. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be? Everything should be covered under warranty, right? Thank you for your time.

MBguitarguy
Old 07-19-2021, 03:42 PM

2021 CLA 250
I dropped my car off at the Mercedes dealer on July 9th, and haven't heard a word from them. This is very frustrating, as the check engine light should not come on in a relatively brand new Mercedes-Benz. When I dropped it off, he said he thought it was a cylinder head. I have no idea what that is, but hopefully it's not a big deal.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,011 Likes on 592 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by MBguitarguy
I dropped my car off at the Mercedes dealer on July 9th, and haven't heard a word from them. This is very frustrating, as the check engine light should not come on in a relatively brand new Mercedes-Benz. When I dropped it off, he said he thought it was a cylinder head. I have no idea what that is, but hopefully it's not a big deal.
You should call and ask for a progress update.
Chances are they are waiting for a new part delivery, and it could be backordered.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,839 Likes on 2,418 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Sorry that you are facing these issues, as suggested from the post above you should ask for an update on the status of your vehicle from your dealership since your car has been sitting for 10 days, hopefully they offered you a loaner while your car is at the dealership. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-15-2021, 03:12 PM

2021 CLA 250
Hi guys,

I picked up my car from the dealership on Thursday (five weeks after I dropped it off), and it overheated on the way home. I called Mercedes, and they dispatched a tow truck a thousand miles away, in a completely different state. I am still without my car, and stuck with a $125 tow bill. I have been walking, and bumming rides from people for well over a month now.

Will I get in trouble if I mention the dealerships name? This entire process has been a complete fail. The service manager refuses to talk to me, and will not return my calls. Even the Mercedes customer service team in Atlanta hasn't been very helpful. I feel like once I wrote them a check and purchased the car outright, now they don't know me. Thank you for reading, and allowing me to vent.

Last edited by MBguitarguy; 08-15-2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:45 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
W205 AMG
Originally Posted by MBguitarguy
Hi guys,

I picked up my car from the dealership on Thursday (five weeks after I dropped it off), and it overheated on the way home. I called Mercedes, and they dispatched a tow truck a thousand miles away, in a completely different state. I am still without my car, and stuck with a $125 tow bill. I have been walking, and bumming rides from people for well over a month now.

Will I get in trouble if I mention the dealerships name? This entire process has been a complete fail. The service manager refuses to talk to me, and will not return my calls. Even the Mercedes customer service team in Atlanta hasn't been very helpful. I feel like once I wrote them a check and purchased the car outright, now they don't know me. Thank you for reading, and allowing me to vent.
Why are you fronting the bill for getting the car towed to the stealer? It should be covered under warranty.

I'm not sure why you're not getting updates from your stealer. Its very odd and not typical. Is there not a stealer closer to you that you can get your car serviced at? I would encourage you to share the name of the stealer you're having issues with so other members are aware.