Safety first! C118 blind spot assist system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 01:46 AM
SPONSOR

Received 152 Likes on 87 Posts
W205 W213
Safety first! C118 blind spot assist system

If you're one of the unlucky ones to have a car going faster on a lane you want to hop on, or in a near hit due to a blind spot, especially when parking than welcome, take a seat and let's begin.
So It's no secret I am from Hong Kong where my shop also is located.
Most won't know though, that the driving here can be pretty hectic! And so this kind of upgrade is a welcome necessity.
Here we have a CLA C118 that just went through this addition, which by the way is completely genuine, made by Mercedes themselves, and the owned couldn't be happier!
Blind spot lenses for side mirrors, rear sides, brackets and all the necessary wires, bits and pieces you could possibly need for installation.
Although we are so advanced technologically, that this is already a common thing, the young boy inside me still feels like using a spy movies gadget.

So the installation, you'll have to remove the necessary parts, such as the side mirrors, door panels, tailgates, and after the hardware is done, programming using the original computer software will be required.
This is in order to activate the dash board screen park assist function, so unless you got something like that, best take it to a nearby garage that has.
Basically, with this baby you'll see a triangular warning sign on the mirrors, telling you it's not the right time to make a move. (Wish we'd have that in daily lives too)
Furthermore, when you light up the turn signal there's gonna be a sound alerting you that you may have something in your rear blind spot, if that is the case.

As you'll see in the photo, the steering wheel also was changed to an AMG Performance Alcantara version, also genuine, also awesome, for an expanded new feeling in the car.
Enjoy!