So We bought one. Mercedes CLA45 AMG Project Car Begins – In Our Words

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Can't wait for some strip times!!

Going to have to pull the trigger one of these eventually.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
FULL ARTICLE HERE!

Whenever we get a new Project Car, we have a vision of where we want that car to end up looking like. This definitely goes in stages and takes time, but step by step, we get there. For the Mercedes CLA45, as soon as we saw the RevoZport RZA W-117 carbon aero kit, we knew where our build was going. The RevoZport product is something we have known about for almost 10 years. Their factory products some great products and over the years have gotten really creative and stylish with their designs. For example on this Mercedes CLA Class kit, we had the option to have the borders of the carbon painted red like their marketing photos. Not only did this work well on our red CLA45, but could go great on almost any other color. Their multi-piece diffuser and simple add-on front lip dramatically changed the look of those two ends. One of my favorite parts of the kit was the additional GT style trunk wing. It was subtle enough for the mini CLS body and flowed amazing with the rear trunk lip spoiler and front end canards. The side skirts pulled everything together with their long lines and sweeping edges as a add-on not replacement to the cars body. So what does the full kit consist of? It features:

Front Lip Spoiler
Top and Bottom Duct Canards
Side Bumper Canards
Pair of Side Skirts
Rear Diffuser
Rear Trunk Lip Wing
Rear GT Style Wing
On a scale of 1-10 for fitment, I give the RevoZport a 8.5. Because of experience, working with carbon fiber and molds are tough in general. Some pieces require several attempts to fit just perfect. For example the front canards had to fit a certain tight radius shape. The side skirts required us adding some extra self tapping screws on the bottom which was no big deal to make sure everything was secure and beautiful. Overall, the cars new look gets a 10 out 10 as it is exactly what we pictured. With the VR Tuned Tuning Box, Agency Power downpipe and midpipe, and Niche Wheels, we still have some work to do on this project!

So whats up with this video? Well even though the Mercedes CLA45 is a powerful machine, we wanted to showcase the sexiness of the new lines we added. With the help of our blonde assistant, we bring you into the atmosphere of her installing the RevoZport parts and then taking the car out for a drive in downtown Phoenix to end at her final destination. We hope you enjoy these pics and the video production! Make sure to tag @vividracing and hashtag #vividracing when you reshare!

Shop all RevoZport Aero Parts Here for cars like Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Volkswagen, and more.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

FULL ARTICLE HERE!

Whenever we get a new Project Car, we have a vision of where we want that car to end up looking like. This definitely goes in stages and takes time, but step by step, we get there. For the Mercedes CLA45, as soon as we saw the RevoZport RZA W-117 carbon aero kit, we knew where our build was going. The RevoZport product is something we have known about for almost 10 years. Their factory products some great products and over the years have gotten really creative and stylish with their designs. For example on this Mercedes CLA Class kit, we had the option to have the borders of the carbon painted red like their marketing photos. Not only did this work well on our red CLA45, but could go great on almost any other color. Their multi-piece diffuser and simple add-on front lip dramatically changed the look of those two ends. One of my favorite parts of the kit was the additional GT style trunk wing. It was subtle enough for the mini CLS body and flowed amazing with the rear trunk lip spoiler and front end canards. The side skirts pulled everything together with their long lines and sweeping edges as a add-on not replacement to the cars body. So what does the full kit consist of? It features:

Front Lip Spoiler
Top and Bottom Duct Canards
Side Bumper Canards
Pair of Side Skirts
Rear Diffuser
Rear Trunk Lip Wing
Rear GT Style Wing
On a scale of 1-10 for fitment, I give the RevoZport a 8.5. Because of experience, working with carbon fiber and molds are tough in general. Some pieces require several attempts to fit just perfect. For example the front canards had to fit a certain tight radius shape. The side skirts required us adding some extra self tapping screws on the bottom which was no big deal to make sure everything was secure and beautiful. Overall, the cars new look gets a 10 out 10 as it is exactly what we pictured. With the VR Tuned Tuning Box, Agency Power downpipe and midpipe, and Niche Wheels, we still have some work to do on this project!

So whats up with this video? Well even though the Mercedes CLA45 is a powerful machine, we wanted to showcase the sexiness of the new lines we added. With the help of our blonde assistant, we bring you into the atmosphere of her installing the RevoZport parts and then taking the car out for a drive in downtown Phoenix to end at her final destination. We hope you enjoy these pics and the video production! Make sure to tag @vividracing and hashtag #vividracing when you reshare!

Shop all RevoZport Aero Parts Here for cars like Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Volkswagen, and more.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
My opinion is that the front end looks a bit "busy" with all of those shapes and colors. Probably more appealing to the much younger crowd (late teens and early 20s).

More pics of the blonde???
Old 01-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Sincity
My opinion is that the front end looks a bit "busy" with all of those shapes and colors. Probably more appealing to the much younger crowd (late teens and early 20s).

More pics of the blonde???
Here you go.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 717 Likes on 698 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by gleil
who's gonna install for me if I go to your shop?
she will...
Old 01-22-2015, 02:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55 AMG | Buell Lightning XB12
Originally Posted by Sincity
My opinion is that the front end looks a bit "busy" with all of those shapes and colors. Probably more appealing to the much younger crowd (late teens and early 20s).?
Have to say, I agree. And there's nothing wrong with that, so long as you're in the demographic. The CLA and GLA are a touch too 'boy racer' for my liking.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 MBZ GLA 45 AMG, '15 MBZ E550 Convertible
Originally Posted by VividRacing
Here you go.

That viper and m3 though
Old 02-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The new RevoZport billet aluminum large paddles are quite impressive for the Mercedes vehicles. I have always been a huge paddle fan having made some in the past for the old BMW E46 M3, Audi A3, and Porsche PDK. In the case of RevoZport, you stick to what you do well, as they have made these beyond perfect for the Mercedes platforms. The all CNC machined paddles have some weight behind them. They wrap almost perfectly with the contour of the steering wheel and have pockets to easily attach to the stock paddles for a flush look. Its a pretty simple installation just using double sided tape. To get the best attachment, if you wipe down both surfaces with alcohol, then apply some thin 3m tape, they will be like one. The machined pockets, lasered + and – signs, as well as the bottom logo are really nice touches. Another cool touch to the paddles is that they even look OEM from the back staring in from the front windshield. RevoZport designed these as if they belong on the car from the factory. Shifting works for most all the surface area except the very top. Because of where the switch is, if you try to press on the top of the paddles, its hard to get a shift. But overall, as installed on our Mercedes CLA45, we are very stoked on the fit and finish.

Last edited by VividRacing; 02-05-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 717 Likes on 698 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
are they same color as stock paddles?
some pics looks same and some pics look different...
Old 02-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by MJ50
are they same color as stock paddles?
some pics looks same and some pics look different...
They are the same color.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
how much for the paddles shipped 92374
Old 02-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Pm'ed
Old 02-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Our Mercedes CLA45 is so red hot that it will melt to death anything in its path! Already equipped with our Agency Power high flow cat downpipe, VR Tuned tuning box that gained an extra 62hp, and a set of Niche 20 inch wheels, we have furthered the slender styling of the CLA45 AMG with a full RevoZport carbon fiber aero kit. The carbon fiber aero kit debuted in our Video Vixen Video here, but we recently got a chance to do a full photoshoot here in downtown Gilbert, Arizona. The RevoZport carbon aero kit consists of a carbon fiber front spoiler, front canard set, fender canards, side skirts, rear diffuser, trunk lip spoiler, and trunk wing. The car is one of my favorites in look and style and will soon be furthered in sex appeal with a ArmyTrix catback exhaust, WP Pro big brakes, and some sort of lowering kit. Stay tuned for more updates on our official Project CLA45 thread here. Shop all Mercedes CLA Parts here.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Love everything but the rear wing.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Vivid Racing_ could you post some Soundclip featuring the Agency Power DP?
Old 02-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by soolman32
Vivid Racing_ could you post some Soundclip featuring the Agency Power DP?
Let me talk to the owner about that.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The Mercedes CLA45 2.0L Turbocharged engine packs a serious punch. In combination with our VRTuned Tuning Box and a Agency Power high flow cat downpipe, this thing rockets with some big horsepower. But can you believe Mercedes did not put a diverter or blow off valve in the system? That is some serious compression surge especially at 20+ psi of boost. So Weistec created this Anti Surge Valve (ASV) for the CLA45 to help relieve that built up boost pressure between some of the fastest shifts ever experienced. Our Mercedes CLA45 now sounds great! Check out the Mercedes Weistec ASV Kit on our site here - http://vrit.co/45amg

Follow us on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/vividracing

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/vividracing

Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 AM

CLA45 AMG
I agree with the earlier opinion that the front splitters make a busy look because it adds on to the stock splitters. They should replace the stock to make more a custom look rather a simple tag on.

The rear wing looks great, again it would be better to replace the stock spoiler, not just an add on.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

ArmyTrix Exhaust Delivers for the Mercedes CLA45

Our Project CLA45 has received quite a lot of treats to it since taking delivery back in September. The latest addition to the car is probably one of the best next to our RevoZport carbon kit. We added the famous or should I say infamous ArmyTrix exhaust system. Yes you have seen these guys all over the internet featured on Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari 458, and other cars shooting flames all over the streets. Well they actually have a great line up of exhausts besides the exotics including cars such as the CLA45/A45, Nissan 370Z, BMW M3, Porsche Cayman/Boxster, and more. Having had other valvetronic exhausts on previous project cars, I was definitely excited to get something like that on our CLA. However I did not want to endure a check engine light from a catless downpipe, super loud drone, or lose that overally cool snap sound as I paddle through the gears. Guess what… ArmyTrix delivered all my wants and with style!

First off, the presentation when you open the box is awesome. Instead of a couple remotes and wiring in a bag, you get this box that looks like only the most expensive Rolex should come. This houses the remotes, wiring, actuator solenoid, and OBDII dongle. What is the dongle for? I was curious too. Where other valvetronic systems have the remote and power box that is required to mount under the hood or in the trunk, the ArmyTrix exhaust gets its remote power from this little OBDII plug in. Whats cool is you can mount it to be visible and when you change between modes, the logo lights up different colors to let you know where you are at. But I don’t need to see the color to feel the power and hear the rumble. Cruising the exhaust sounds fine like it would on a 2.0L Turbo car, but when the throttle is applied, the catless turboback exhaust roars. Each click of the paddle up a gear gives me that incredible Mercedes AMG slap that if you did not know what I was driving, you would be scared of these sounds! The quality of the system and fitment could not be better. I would not expect anything less from a company that uses the slogan, “We Rule“. Thats bold and as picky as I get with parts, they did that slogan justice.

What blew my mind even more is that the catless downpipe produces NO CEL. On our CLA45, we are running the VRTuned Tuning Box kit that boost horsepower about 60bhp. So we are not controlling the O2 sensors. I have put about 100 miles on the system and no light. So not sure if the stock O2 sensors even care which is awesome for exhaust manufactures and the horsepower hungry. We have not had a chance to dyno the full exhaust compared to our Agency Power high flow cat downpipe and stock catback, but you can definitely it spool faster and go through the Rrrrrr’s quicker. Check out our installation photos below and this short video clip of the exhaust between race and street mode. Make sure to keep posted to our BLOG HERE as we will be doing a full
/vividracing
on this exhaust that will rack your brains! Check out all of our ArmyTrix Exhaust Photos Here.

Ask us about

Meistershaft, Eisenmann, MHP, Agency Power, Akrapovic, Cargraphic, IPE, Carbonio, Renntech, Kleeman, Gruppe M, AMS, Brembo, Lorinser, Wald, Black Bison, Vorsteiner, Carlsson, Seibon, Mode Carbon, AutoTecknic, Revozport, Recaro, Bride, Status Racing, Cusco, Edirb, H&R, KW, Fortune Auto, Eibach, Wavetrac, Quaife, HRE Wheels, AC Schnitzer, ADV1 Wheels, Vorsteiner wheels, Avant Garde Wheels, BBS Wheels, Rotiform, Niche Wheels, and many more...

Last edited by VividRacing; 03-20-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
The Armytrix exhaust is the best sounding system I've heard so far. I may have to take the plunge when the time comes.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:56 AM

CLA45 AMG
What is the last pic show some plug in?
Old 03-22-2015, 03:34 PM

Received 101 Likes on 89 Posts
18 E63S
Originally Posted by dtc100
What is the last pic show some plug in?
dongle remote signal for hand held remote control.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:02 PM
HEE

C
very nice.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Thanks for the comments. It sounds much better in person!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So We bought one. Mercedes CLA45 AMG Project Car Begins – In Our Words