CLEANING ARTICO MAN MADE LEATHER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes A180 Urban
CLEANING ARTICO MAN MADE LEATHER

Hi guys, im in South Africa and have recently bought a new Mercedes A180 Urban. I have had stain like marks on my dashboard from the very start and have tried cleaning it with a damp moist cloth but nothing seams to help. Apparently you can use a mild dishwash detergent diluted in a bucket of water on the Artico (MB-Tex) dashboard if its sticky and dirty but even the dishwashing detergent wont remove those darn stains and it looks awfull. What else can I use on the dashboard since its syntheic leather (ARTICO) and not real leather. Will leather cream do any harm to the ARTICO man made leather or can I use that ? What can I use to keep it protected ? I hope someone could see the 'marks' or stains in my dashoard in the attached photo. Its to the centre of the dash. Ok I know the lines of the airbag has to be there but if you look in the centre of the dash and up towards the top you will see some stain marks. Its been there since I got the car . . .

PLEASE, I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE MERCEDES REPLACE THE DASH ON A MONTH OLD CAR JUST BECAUSE OF THE UGLY STAINS IN MY DASH . . .
Attached Thumbnails CLEANING ARTICO MAN MADE LEATHER-merke-2.jpg  

Last edited by MERCRSA; 07-01-2014 at 02:26 PM.