Is there a secondary battery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 10:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A220
Is there a secondary battery?

It occured to me that features like Mercedes Connect and the "automatically close sunroof when it rains" must imply the car is "listening" and "watching" even when the engine is off. Does anyone know how it powers those services? For things like rain detection, I'd assume it has to check on a semi-frequent basis. This made me wonder if it's slowly draining the main battery or if there's a second one for these scenarios. Anyone know how this works?
Old 07-20-2019, 06:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLA
Originally Posted by Roger8
It occured to me that features like Mercedes Connect and the "automatically close sunroof when it rains" must imply the car is "listening" and "watching" even when the engine is off. Does anyone know how it powers those services? For things like rain detection, I'd assume it has to check on a semi-frequent basis. This made me wonder if it's slowly draining the main battery or if there's a second one for these scenarios. Anyone know how this works?

i think in A220, it's taking power from the main battery, which is only one battery the car has
Old 07-20-2019, 08:00 PM

2019 A220 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Roger8
It's the main battery. Mercedes Me Connect will alert you via email, text message, and app notification if your battery becomes discharged. This is also why it is recommended to put the car in standby mode if you're going to leave it parked for four weeks or longer.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:14 PM

A220
Thanks for the confirmation. I guess I'm too old and still remember how leaving one dome light on over night could drain a battery. It's interesting they can maintain the sensors and remote access for weeks. Wonder how that impacts battery over its lifespan.
Old 07-17-2023, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amg a45
Originally Posted by ZacMatic
It's the main battery. Mercedes Me Connect will alert you via email, text message, and app notification if your battery becomes discharged. This is also why it is recommended to put the car in standby mode if you're going to leave it parked for four weeks or longer.
i have a w176 amg a45 How do you put it into standby mode? thank you