Canadian Linguatronic Issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 A220 4Matic
Question Canadian Linguatronic Issue?

Hi there,

Just took delivery of 2019 A220 4Matic 2 weeks ago: Love the car and the drive.

However, one of the main gimicks I got it for was for "Hey, Mercedes." Since I drive around the city a lot, it'll be really useful asking as to where certain things are. So, when I do bring up "Hey Mercerdes," at the bottom of it says, "Online services are currently unavailblable..."

I've contacted Mercedes Me and my dealership and they all seem to say that my "Voice feature," or whatever, isn't activated and is greyed out??

I also can't go into me.mercedes-benz.ca > My Vehicle > My Services since it'll give me a weird white screen with weird coding error language.

I'm getting very anxious and tired of waiting tbh and service at my dealership is horrible post delivery. I'm looking to complain with the GM, but I digress.

I was wondering who of my fellow Canadians, or anyone else world wide for that matter, are experiencing this?

Old 01-03-2020, 04:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 A220 4MATIC
I have the US version of this car. Did the dealership walk you through the Mercedes me Connect activation process? They have to do something on their end to associate the car with Mercedes me. Even after that was done, I had to call Mercedes me from the car to have them complete the service activation. I haven't had any issues with the internet services in the car, however, the Mercedes me Connect portal has stopped working normally. I noticed this several weeks ago and it is still a problem. Here's what I see when I attempt to view my services:

Old 01-03-2020, 05:11 PM

2019 A220 4Matic
Originally Posted by ZacMatic
I have the US version of this car. Did the dealership walk you through the Mercedes me Connect activation process? They have to do something on their end to associate the car with Mercedes me. Even after that was done, I had to call Mercedes me from the car to have them complete the service activation. I haven't had any issues with the internet services in the car, however, the Mercedes me Connect portal has stopped working normally. I noticed this several weeks ago and it is still a problem. Here's what I see when I attempt to view my services:

Thanks for your input!

Yeah, we went through all the necessary Mercedes Me stuff on delivery. Agreed to all the terms. When I called them, they mentioned some of my options were greyed out.

I too am experiencing that exact same screen when I try to go into manage services.

Just to clarify, if you ask "Hey Mercedes," to "tell you a joke," or "where the best coffee shop around you is," It will respond accordingly? Cause that's the part that's offline for me.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:28 PM

2019 A220 4MATIC
Originally Posted by racsnarok
Thanks for your input!

Yeah, we went through all the necessary Mercedes Me stuff on delivery. Agreed to all the terms. When I called them, they mentioned some of my options were greyed out.

I too am experiencing that exact same screen when I try to go into manage services.

Just to clarify, if you ask "Hey Mercedes," to "tell you a joke," or "where the best coffee shop around you is," It will respond accordingly? Cause that's the part that's offline for me.
Yes, Linguatronic works normally for me, and I was able to verify previously that all services were activated. I filed a ticket with Mercedes me customer service about the web portal issue, but they have not gotten back to me. I will probably have to call in.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:34 PM

2019 A220 4Matic
Yes, Linguatronic works normally for me, and I was able to verify previously that all services were activated. I filed a ticket with Mercedes me customer service about the web portal issue, but they have not gotten back to me. I will probably have to call in.
I just got off the phone with my rep that I originally spoke to about the issue. She mentions my particular issue is not isolated to me but is observed with others. It is being escalated and they hope to get a fix by January 8th. No word about the website unfortunately though.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:04 PM

2019 A220 4MATIC
The web portal is back to normal for me. Any changes for you?
Old 01-06-2020, 02:28 PM

2019 A220 4Matic
The web portal is back to normal for me. Any changes for you?
hey! Yeah, I was just about to post this. But I got an email Saturday morning that some services had actually activated, included voice assistant. I immediately checked the services portal and it worked!