Overview - A250 4matic after 4 months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes A250 4Matic 2019
I can relate to all of you on the jerkiness of the gearbox of the A class. I drive a 2020 MB A Class 250 4MATIC. I've had the issue ever since owning the car, now having about 10,000 miles on it. Went to the dealer a couple of times.

One time, they found an error code on the transmission box. Another time they reset the "learning curve" of the car based on your driving. This seemed to help for the first 100 km, then it went back to its regular jerkiness. Absolutely not amused.

I've given up on this issue, but my take is that it is a software issue, not a hardware one. Why make these things so complex?

Another thing I found just plain stupid is the fixed headrests that are angled towards the driver. It truly is not the most comfortable way to let someone relax. I guess I should've gone for a A35 or A45. Different gearbox, and vertical headrests...

Personally, I now am very gentle on the gas and I can even anticipate the jerks and reduce them a bit by finding the right moment to brake or hit the gas. It is a shame that a car of this price and from this brand has such a fundamental issue. Anyway, we probably won't have gearboxes anymore in 10 years from now when things probably get fully electric .