Anyone with Drivers Assistance package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 02:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
Anyone with Drivers Assistance package?

Like the title states. IF you have the drivers assistance package, how is it? Does it keep you in lane pretty decent, things like that.

I'm still formulating my plan for a buyback and am going to try to convince on fully loaded A-Class or even CLA or middle of road AMG CLA35.

My truck had all the bells and whistles and did a pretty decent job, but I heard the A-classes also did extremely well almost comparable to Tesla's.

Old 01-20-2020, 11:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLA
Originally Posted by Deriggs007
Like the title states. IF you have the drivers assistance package, how is it? Does it keep you in lane pretty decent, things like that.

I'm still formulating my plan for a buyback and am going to try to convince on fully loaded A-Class or even CLA or middle of road AMG CLA35.

My truck had all the bells and whistles and did a pretty decent job, but I heard the A-classes also did extremely well almost comparable to Tesla's.
i was planning to get those, but need to add 1500CAD$ at that moment, so i didn't get it.the new CLA looks cool to me. but in big snow day, those assistance are useless.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:37 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
Originally Posted by vfxcxn0309
i was planning to get those, but need to add 1500CAD$ at that moment, so i didn't get it.the new CLA looks cool to me. but in big snow day, those assistance are useless.
I don't live anywhere close to snow, lucky me.... since the remote start is about useless.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 A220 4MATIC
I have it and I think it works pretty well. The steering works either by the camera seeing lane markings or by following a car in front of you. There's an icon that turns green on the instrument cluster when the system sees lane markings. I've noticed that if I'm following another car, it's able to match whatever steering corrections that car makes even when it can't detect lane markings. I like it for long distance highway driving because it can manage the speed for you and help optimize fuel economy. It also manages stop and go traffic jams, and no interaction is required unless you are stopped for more than three seconds.

Here's how it works:
While driving, press the rocker switch to SET+ or SET-, or press the RESUME rocker switch up. Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC is then activated with whatever speed you were driving at.
Press the SET rocker switch up or down slightly to change speed by 1 MPH. Press it harder (past the first click) to change speed by 5 MPH.
There's a system setting that you can enable or disable that makes the speed change automatically when a speed limit sign is detected by the system. For example, on a highway that changes speed limit before entering a town, if there's a sign that says something like "Entering 30 MPH Zone" and then there's another standard 30 MPH sign, it will change the speed down to 30 MPH after you pass the second sign.
You can set the following distance to 1, 2, 3, or 4 seconds. The greater the following distance, the longer the system will wait before accelerating from a stop, and the sooner it will start braking to match a slowing car in front (generally).
If you come to a complete stop for more than 3 seconds, the system becomes inactive, but it doesn't forget your last speed setting. You have to either press the accelerator pedal or press the RESUME rocker switch up to reactivate the system.
If you brake manually, the system will deactivate like above. You can resume by pressing the rocker switch.
If you accelerate manually, the system will go back to your set speed after you take your foot off the accelerator.
If enabled, it will execute lane changes for you as long as you're going at least 50 MPH. When you engage the turn signal, you'll see "Lane Change to the Left" or "Right" displayed in the instrument cluster, and the car will move to the next lane.
If enabled, the system will decelerate for curves or turns that it knows about from the navigation data. I haven't tested this enough to know how reliable it is, and usually I'm following another car, so the speed is reduced that way, but I have seen it slow down because it knows we're making a turn.
If it thinks your hands are not on the wheel, after a while (12 seconds?) it will flash an indicator on the instrument cluster to alert you to put your hands on the wheel.

When driving in a traffic jam, the acceleration and braking is sometimes a little too aggressive for me. It just depends on how traffic is moving. It would be nice if you could adjust it to mimic your own driving style more. Also, it does not know anything about stop signs or stop lights, so you need to be ready to brake the car manually if there's nobody in front of you.

Is the feature worth $2250 (or $1700 when combined with Premium Package)? It depends. If you're doing lots of road trips and/or long distance driving, I think it is. I use it every time I make the hour long trip to visit my parents. I don't commute by car, but if I did, I would probably be using it every day for traffic jams.
The following users liked this post:
vfxcxn0309 (01-21-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 09:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLA
Originally Posted by ZacMatic
I have it and I think it works pretty well. The steering works either by the camera seeing lane markings or by following a car in front of you. There's an icon that turns green on the instrument cluster when the system sees lane markings. I've noticed that if I'm following another car, it's able to match whatever steering corrections that car makes even when it can't detect lane markings. I like it for long distance highway driving because it can manage the speed for you and help optimize fuel economy. It also manages stop and go traffic jams, and no interaction is required unless you are stopped for more than three seconds.

Here's how it works:
While driving, press the rocker switch to SET+ or SET-, or press the RESUME rocker switch up. Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC is then activated with whatever speed you were driving at.
Press the SET rocker switch up or down slightly to change speed by 1 MPH. Press it harder (past the first click) to change speed by 5 MPH.
There's a system setting that you can enable or disable that makes the speed change automatically when a speed limit sign is detected by the system. For example, on a highway that changes speed limit before entering a town, if there's a sign that says something like "Entering 30 MPH Zone" and then there's another standard 30 MPH sign, it will change the speed down to 30 MPH after you pass the second sign.
You can set the following distance to 1, 2, 3, or 4 seconds. The greater the following distance, the longer the system will wait before accelerating from a stop, and the sooner it will start braking to match a slowing car in front (generally).
If you come to a complete stop for more than 3 seconds, the system becomes inactive, but it doesn't forget your last speed setting. You have to either press the accelerator pedal or press the RESUME rocker switch up to reactivate the system.
If you brake manually, the system will deactivate like above. You can resume by pressing the rocker switch.
If you accelerate manually, the system will go back to your set speed after you take your foot off the accelerator.
If enabled, it will execute lane changes for you as long as you're going at least 50 MPH. When you engage the turn signal, you'll see "Lane Change to the Left" or "Right" displayed in the instrument cluster, and the car will move to the next lane.
If enabled, the system will decelerate for curves or turns that it knows about from the navigation data. I haven't tested this enough to know how reliable it is, and usually I'm following another car, so the speed is reduced that way, but I have seen it slow down because it knows we're making a turn.
If it thinks your hands are not on the wheel, after a while (12 seconds?) it will flash an indicator on the instrument cluster to alert you to put your hands on the wheel.

When driving in a traffic jam, the acceleration and braking is sometimes a little too aggressive for me. It just depends on how traffic is moving. It would be nice if you could adjust it to mimic your own driving style more. Also, it does not know anything about stop signs or stop lights, so you need to be ready to brake the car manually if there's nobody in front of you.

Is the feature worth $2250 (or $1700 when combined with Premium Package)? It depends. If you're doing lots of road trips and/or long distance driving, I think it is. I use it every time I make the hour long trip to visit my parents. I don't commute by car, but if I did, I would probably be using it every day for traffic jams.

yes i do a little regret to not get that package, sure i will include in next time when i buy next benz~ ^_^