Super Quick Review 1 Year Later of A220

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 12:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Buying One
Super Quick Review 1 Year Later of A220

Good: Incredible mileage, excellent steering and traction, love the handling.

Quirks: A while ago MBUX would boot up, then go down, then restart. Door handle finger touch doesn't always lock on 1st, or 2nd try. If sitting still for a while it sometimes jolts when putting it into drive (rare, like once every 4 months or so). Windows go up a little slowly but that doesn't bother me.

Defects: Rattles behind the glove compartment, fixed. Rattles in one B column cover, not fixed, (couldn't be bothered).
Airbag light came on, fixed. Both repairs took about a week total, dealership provided alternate car.
Small round hole in paint on rear (did I actually miss that?), filled in several times, not perfect yet, requires a lot of coats.

App Issues: Mercedes Me, consistently rounds up/down the mpg to a number with no decimal places if in liters per km, or the equivalent in mpg, odd eh? Reported to Mercedes, dozens of emails, they misunderstood issue at first, have escalated but after a few months still in progress. Had to delete history, app, reboot phone several times. Sent them screenshots at least half a dozen times as well. Screenshot would be of dash showing 32.1 mpg (for instance) and Mercedes Me showing 33.6 (it likes that number).

Question - The airbag light for the passenger side. I could swear that it went off regardless if there was a passenger in there or not (after flashing), now it is consistently on saying "Airbag Off". That was after the repair. They say it is supposed to be that way.