A200 Sedan AMG line 2020

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A200 amg saloon
A200 Sedan AMG line 2020

Hey
Coming from other vehicles with dedicated physical buttons (typically on the steering wheel, dash, or both) to change to the next or previous song, I'm having trouble believing Mercedes doesn't offer a similar efficient solution (that doesn't require digging through menu screens and several steps/clicks). I'm going to give the engineers and UI designers the benefit of the doubt and assume it's already available in my car somewhere, I just haven't found it yet. I have read the manual cover-to-cover. It mentions that when the screen is displaying other information (nav, Android Auto, etc.), that I can call up the playback controls using the dedicated |>|>| playback key on top of the touchpad "mouse", or using 2 fingers to swipe up, or using voice controls. [EDIT: And I'm also aware that if the instrument cluster ("on board computer") display is showing your Radio or Media playlist information, I can change the song using the little touchpad on the steering wheel, but that is ONLY if I am viewing the Media information. The touchpad has other functions if I'm displaying MPG, MPH, etc.]

But is there a dedicated button or shortcut key for skipping to the next audio track (or rewinding back to the beginning of the current track)? I even tried adding the function to my Favorites list, but playback controls are not available from the menu. I'd be satisfied if I can assign "skip to next track" to my favorite button on the steering wheel. I don't even care if the screen changes view to display the audio track information, I just want the ability to skip ahead to the next song or jump back to the previous one on the fly (while continuing to display whatever was on the screen before).

How is everybody else doing this? surely i can skip a track from the steering wheel with ease