Shattered Glass panel above windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2022, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz E450 Sport
Shattered Glass panel above windshield

As the title states, 2022 A250. Really sucks as my daughter is a new MB owner and she's had a few minor issues already, she owns MB due to our urging and how happy we are with our MBs. Anyone have this issue and how much was it? Located in Arizona
Old 08-21-2022, 11:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,465 Likes on 2,098 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by glenndavis71
As the title states, 2022 A250. Really sucks as my daughter is a new MB owner and she's had a few minor issues already, she owns MB due to our urging and how happy we are with our MBs. Anyone have this issue and how much was it? Located in Arizona
Above windshield? so not the actual windshield, does that mean it is the sunroof? If actual windshield, does your insurance have windshield coverage, not saying that's the best option but it could be an option.
Old 08-22-2022, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz E450 Sport
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Above windshield? so not the actual windshield, does that mean it is the sunroof? If actual windshield, does your insurance have windshield coverage, not saying that's the best option but it could be an option.
Yep, glass panel between windshield and sunroof, she called salesman and it is so common they have replacements on site at dealer..... Imagine that. No price given though. I guess she could do an insurance claim, but they'd get it back over time.
Old 08-23-2022, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 361 Likes on 298 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
As an MB owner in Arizona, I'm sorry for your daughter's difficulty but given how common rocks and construction debris on roadways are in Arizona that tires pick up and throw around, it's likely that that's how the glass on your daughter's A class was damaged. It's an unfortunate driving reality in Arizona that really has nothing to do with MB quality. I see windshields with chips and cracks in them on all kinds of vehicles on the road in Arizona. I've even had it happen on my cheap, non MB daily driver. This is unfortunately a pretty common problem in Arizona. Maybe an insurance claim might be the way to go. On balance, the A class is a very nice car.