W177 - LED Headlight communications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2023, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W177 2020
W177 - LED Headlight communications

Hello everbody,

I have A-Class 2020 - W177 with LED High Performance headlights, in xentry I saw that there is some issues with communications.
After I've tested headlight, by moving up, middle and down, came signal left headlight dipped. In next few minutes left headlight lost a few times a signal. For now is working, but I'm afraid there still could be some issues.

Does anybody know how to learn new headlight in case that this one becomes defective.
Guestion is also can be this solved with coding? I saw on some forums that there were issues with headlights and some were solved with firmware upgrade.

I am also new into monaco coding and would like to learn how to fix it.It would be nice if someone can help be or give me some direction.

Last edited by nenchi; 10-18-2023 at 04:47 PM. Reason: wrong dts informations
Old 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
2014 SL65 AMG, 2018 S560
If there's CAN bus communications issues with the headlamp then you need to solve that first. Check that all connectors are secure back to the CAN distribution module. There may be an intermediate connector in the engine compartment for headlamps. That was true for my S series and that's where I found a problem. Check connectors for corrosion, but also verify that all cables into the connector are fully seated. That was my problem. One of the CAN bus wires was not seated in the connector and so wasn't making a good connection.