W168 A Class A190 Yr 2000 ABS ESP lights stay on fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG, CLA45
W168 A Class A190 Yr 2000 ABS ESP lights stay on fault

Hi all experts
I know it would be hard to get much feedback as I believe w168 is not sold in US but I still like to try my luck here.
What happened was around 2 years ago the ABS/ESP lights cam on and off for a while, I didn't pay too much attention because after I drove a few minutes, the lights would disappear. However, after a few months time, the lights stay on permanently and that's mean I totally lost the ABS function. I did try to get a second-hand ABS/ESP pump (in working condition) and have the mechanic to replace but still not working. The computer read ABS pump fault but I cannot recall the code/s. Since no one really knows any likely causes, I don't want to spend a fortune to let them try everything and may still not get it done...I decide not to fix since the sunroof is also broken (lucky is in close position)...I will just drive the car until it dies. But the faulty lights are too annoying so I am hoping if it is not too expensive, I may still consider getting the ABS pump fix so it is safer to drive when raining.
Appreciate if anyone can share me some light here.
PS: The SRS light also appear and disappear constantly....why so many fault things on my car with only 60000 miles on the clock.

Thanks
JC
Old 09-25-2021, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A160 w168
Change the brake sensor back from the brake !!!

Originally Posted by JC3388
Hi all experts
I know it would be hard to get much feedback as I believe w168 is not sold in US but I still like to try my luck here.
What happened was around 2 years ago the ABS/ESP lights cam on and off for a while, I didn't pay too much attention because after I drove a few minutes, the lights would disappear. However, after a few months time, the lights stay on permanently and that's mean I totally lost the ABS function. I did try to get a second-hand ABS/ESP pump (in working condition) and have the mechanic to replace but still not working. The computer read ABS pump fault but I cannot recall the code/s. Since no one really knows any likely causes, I don't want to spend a fortune to let them try everything and may still not get it done...I decide not to fix since the sunroof is also broken (lucky is in close position)...I will just drive the car until it dies. But the faulty lights are too annoying so I am hoping if it is not too expensive, I may still consider getting the ABS pump fix so it is safer to drive when raining.
Appreciate if anyone can share me some light here.
PS: The SRS light also appear and disappear constantly....why so many fault things on my car with only 60000 miles on the clock.

Thanks
JC
Change the brake sensor back from your brake pad it worked for me !!! 15 euro cost .