A-Class (W168, W169) A140, A160, A160 CDI, A170 CDI, A190, A210 Evo, A180

New A Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: New A Class

Hi

There's no need to translate this page. There is an english version of this page.

http://c-klasse.mercedes-galerie.de/w169news_e.htm

To view other Mercedes News check out this http://c-klasse.mercedes-galerie.de/index1_e.htm

Regards
Old 08-05-2003, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally posted by TNblkc230wz
I hope they bring it here by 05, even if it is as a chrysler. I'll be shopping for a safe, solid, small car for my daughter in early 06. I don't think she will consider the current body style, but I've heard the new one should be a little more stylish. I don't need a real expensive or fast car for her, just something small and reasonably safe.
How about this for body style?.....
Attached Thumbnails New A Class-cimg0051_np.jpg  
Old 08-11-2003, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML320
A-Class Canceled for US

Well here's some bad news if you've been waiting to get the A-Class - MB released an official report that the next-gen A-Class, which was previously confirmed to come to the US, has been canceled for US production and sale.

The reason - the A-Class will be 'too boring' for US customers.

Instead, they will be only bringing in a Smart model (the other vehicle they confirmed when they 'confirmed' the A-Class for the US) and the CST.

For the Smart, it is unclear which one, possibly the ForFour but now it is likely the ForFive (one of the possible names), which is Smart's upcoming SUV, will come.

The CST (Compact Sports Tourer) will be a very small version of the GST (Grand Sports Tourer) built on the next-gen A-Class platform. Basically a sporty compact crossover-type vehicle - which basically equals A-Class + sporty .
Old 08-11-2003, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 Coupe
Well the verdict is in. My daughter doesn't like the look of the forfour or the CST. Guess I'm back to the Mini unless they look better in person than in pictures, which is the case for the Mini.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML320
Originally posted by TNblkc230wz
Well the verdict is in. My daughter doesn't like the look of the forfour or the CST. Guess I'm back to the Mini unless they look better in person than in pictures, which is the case for the Mini.
Well the CST isn't out yet, so all pictures at this point are guesswork. I'd say wait until the CST comes out at the end of '04 as a 2005 model year (assuming that's not outside your time frame), and then see.

The Mini's a cool car, although it does have some big disadvantages as compared to the CST, A-Class, ForFour, ForFive, etc. I can list some that I found after some time in a Mini if you want, but I'm guessing you must have already test driven and tried out the Mini so it may not be useful.

The Mini convertible looks cool (although it probably means even less space inside ).
Old 08-12-2003, 01:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A160 CLASSIC (The Tardis), VW Passat Diesel
can be a lot of arguments over how it is diluting the brand etc and is it a real mercedes etc.... Look at the saefty features it has standard for a small car and the versatility of the configuration.. Mercedes is trying to get younger buyers into the brand earlier and hope that they will keeping upgrading and move through each model class and they get older etc.

our local dealer treats everyone the same whether they drive an A Class or SL55 AMG...