Fuel pressure problems with A160 -02

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w168
Fuel pressure problems with A160 -02

Hi,

I have problems with a Mercedes-Benz A160, 2002, W168.

The engine stalls almost every time when braking to a standstill. First I thought it might be the brake servo, but disconnecting the vacuum does not make any difference. Unfortunately I don't know how the vacuum is routed in the car but there seems to be a vacuum tube connected to the carbon filter, which is also routed to the fuel pressure regulator in the fuel filter. I tried to cut that vacuum but it didn't make any differrence either.

The car has the fuel pressure regulator built into the fuel filter, I thought the problem was there so I changed to a new filter, but the car still stalls when coming to a standstill.

The fuel pressure stays well above 3 bar when staring the car, but when it stalls it ends up at slightly above 0 bar. The fuel pressure doesn't drop when turning the enngine off with the key.

When staring the car the fuel pressure current is 5A at idle, when driving forth and back for a while it sinks to 3-4A, then goes back to 5A at idle. When braking the current drops to 2A before the engine starts to stall.

The car had a fault code for the camshaft sensor, I don't know if it was broken or not but I changed it. Then I reset the fault codes. There are no new fault codes but I have only driven a few meters since that, maybe it takes a while for fault codes to come back?

Any suggestions on what more I can try or what conclusions to draw?

Best regards,
Johan
Old 03-11-2020, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w168 1998 petrol
Sorry for this very late reply. Your problem is most probably a faulty camshaft sensor.