Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes A Class W169 (2005)
Strange and irritating noise

Hello,

I have Mercedes a class w169 - 2005 AT.

Recently there has been a strange whining sound that suddenly starts when I am driving. The sound continues even when I put a park gear. If I stop the car and start again, the sound goes away. It has already happened 2 times.

Here is the video link of how it sounds from the inside. I took the clip when the gear is in P.

I also have a feeling like it has lost a bit of acceleration (but, I am not so sure - maybe my mind is trying to associate).

Anyone with an idea of what could be the problem, please help...
Old 02-21-2022, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz A150 Classic SE 2009
Originally Posted by Leo_K
Hello,

I have Mercedes a class w169 - 2005 AT.

Recently there has been a strange whining sound that suddenly starts when I am driving. The sound continues even when I put a park gear. If I stop the car and start again, the sound goes away. It has already happened 2 times.

Here is the video link of how it sounds from the inside. I took the clip when the gear is in P.

I also have a feeling like it has lost a bit of acceleration (but, I am not so sure - maybe my mind is trying to associate).

Anyone with an idea of what could be the problem, please help...
Do all your HVAC controls work in terms of heating/cooling and flow direction? I get that sound briefly when switching my one off as it closes the air vents. Almost sounds like a servo has gotten stuck or is running continuously. It co of course be something entirely different but it's worth checking if anything to rule it out