A-Class (W168, W169) A140, A160, A160 CDI, A170 CDI, A190, A210 Evo, A180

A-210 exist in USA ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004 | 05:19 AM

nothing
A-210 exist in USA ??

Hi guys, i'm french and i don't have any mercedes...
I just want to ask you, if you have the A-210 in USA, because drove one a few days ago and it's a very funny car ....but very expensive for a liitle car and not very powerfull ...

I'went this summer durind 2 months in Vermont, Boston and NYC, and i never seen one A-Class to samll for american guy compare to a Cadillac Escalade ?

bye

PS : sorry for my bad english
Old 10-27-2004 | 10:00 AM

'14 GLK250 Diesel
The A is not offered, and will not be offered, in North America. However, the B-Class, just shown in Paris, will be coming here next year. As you probably know, the B is a slightly stretched version of the new-generation A that was just introduced in Europe.

In the USA, the B will most likely only get the 2 liter engines, both the std and turbo. If we get a diesel here, it won't be until 2006 [our diesel fuel is mierde (pardon my French?), but willl approach EU standards finally in '06].
Old 10-27-2004 | 12:26 PM

nothing
Originally Posted by jrct9454
The A is not offered, and will not be offered, in North America. However, the B-Class, just shown in Paris, will be coming here next year. As you probably know, the B is a slightly stretched version of the new-generation A that was just introduced in Europe.

In the USA, the B will most likely only get the 2 liter engines, both the std and turbo. If we get a diesel here, it won't be until 2006 [our diesel fuel is mierde (pardon my French?), but willl approach EU standards finally in '06].

Just to inform you, its Merde ! but diesel its best sales, because we have a very expensive oil ( 6 $ for one gallon). thank you for your answer.
When i went i cross some TDI from volkwagen

bye
Old 10-28-2004 | 03:58 PM

'14 GLK250 Diesel
The problem here is the sulfur content of our diesel fuel. This is supposed to be fixed in 2006 by the availability of 15 ppm sulfur diesel [comparable to EU standards] all over the USA.

Here, the playing field is pretty much level - diesel is not significantly less expensive than gasoline, and emission requirements are not relaxed for diesels. Having owned many Mercedes diesels in the past, I am hoping for the availaiblility of a B with the diesel sometime in the future here, but am not counting on it.

VW and Mercedes seem to be the only manufacturers committed to diesel in our market, but the exact availability of individual models and timing remains very much subject to change as new models roll out.
Old 10-29-2004 | 05:45 AM

nothing
Ok thank you for your explanation, its intresting !
Because in France we have 3/4 disel and just 1/4 oil its average of the car production for Mercedes, Bmw and Audi.
But for Renault, peugeot (you know ?? french brands) and Volkwagen its more about 90 % diesel !