7G Tronic problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W176 220 CDI
7G Tronic problem

Hello, my english is not very good, sorry about that. I will try to explain what my problem is. I have a W176 with 7G Tronic and after and update from Mercedes I have the following problem with all downshift, but I can feel it strong from 4th to 3rd.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
  1. Set "M" mode.
  2. Accelerate to 2500 RPM in 4th gear.
  3. Downshift to 3rd gear with the steering wheel pads.
  4. Just when you can see "3" on screen accelerate.

The problem:

After step 4 my car do not accelerate until two seconds... then it accelerate abruptly.

In my MB garage (the official one), say that there is no error reported and it is normal... but I know that before the update this behaviour never happened. Has someone an idea about whats going on?
Old 05-25-2019, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A220 4Matic
I got mine a couple of days ago and found the same problem not too frequently but yeah even occasionally was enough to be worried and upset about it.

I initially thought maybe I had it in Sports mode and that's what was causing and then switched to individual but happened again a couple of time. I drove in comfort for last one and a half day and the problem has reduced but not altogether. I believe the transmission needs some refinement. You can feel the downshifts too abrupt and has lag with upshifts especially between 2nd to 4th gear.

I'll check out the dealership next week to see what's happening and keep you posted if I find the cause or solution to this.