Automatic GearBox Noise Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Klasse - A 180 2016
Automatic GearBox Noise Problems

Dear all,
I own an A Class 2016, bought in August 2016. I had issues with the car next day I bought it.
First is was a sound which came from wheels and they changed brakes. Problem solved.
Secondly it is a noise coming from changing gears from the automatic gearbox. They call it as normal but it is like an old car when you change manual gears. It is doing mostly from 3rd to 2nd and from 4th to 3rd, so when decelerating.
Does anyone have experimented the same situation? I am from Romania and the local authorised service expert said that is normal and the gearbox is fully functional.
Myself, I dont believe it as I paid more then 30k euro for a car to feel the comfort not to drive with mechanical noice while driving.
Its about A Class A180, benzine.
Thanks for helping me.
I am thinking to request service action in other country if they know how to deal with it. It is still in the warranty period.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A klass W176 2013
Originally Posted by guest999ro
Dear all,
I own an A Class 2016, bought in August 2016. I had issues with the car next day I bought it.
First is was a sound which came from wheels and they changed brakes. Problem solved.
Secondly it is a noise coming from changing gears from the automatic gearbox. They call it as normal but it is like an old car when you change manual gears. It is doing mostly from 3rd to 2nd and from 4th to 3rd, so when decelerating.
Does anyone have experimented the same situation? I am from Romania and the local authorised service expert said that is normal and the gearbox is fully functional.
Myself, I dont believe it as I paid more then 30k euro for a car to feel the comfort not to drive with mechanical noice while driving.
Its about A Class A180, benzine.
Thanks for helping me.
I am thinking to request service action in other country if they know how to deal with it. It is still in the warranty period.
I think you should at least open a claim in a Mercedes dealership, so that it is registered and maybe (maybe) later, fixed.
I also had lots of issues with my 2013 A-Klass diesel, also dealing with dealerships in Romania/Bucharest, but not specifically your issues.