Driver side window controls not working as intended

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes A180 CDI 2014 (W176)
Driver side window controls not working as intended

Hi guys,

I have been searching around for possible solutions to my problem but haven't had any luck and Mercedes want a good chunk of money just to diagnose the problem so I was hoping someone may have some advice.

I have a 2014 Mercedes W176 and the controls for each window work with their own control switches but in the driver side door the controls partially work.

Front passenger window: window does not wind down but does wind up. When fully up the control does still work up but not down.
Rear passenger window: half click down does not work but full click down does and half/full click up workRear driver side window: same as the rear passenger window
Is there any chance anyone knows what might be going on?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 03-19-2023, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Researching
Originally Posted by absarc
Hi guys,

I have been searching around for possible solutions to my problem but haven't had any luck and Mercedes want a good chunk of money just to diagnose the problem so I was hoping someone may have some advice.

I have a 2014 Mercedes W176 and the controls for each window work with their own control switches but in the driver side door the controls partially work.

Front passenger window: window does not wind down but does wind up. When fully up the control does still work up but not down.
Rear passenger window: half click down does not work but full click down does and half/full click up workRear driver side window: same as the rear passenger window
Is there any chance anyone knows what might be going on?

Thanks in advance for your help!
How'd you go with this one? Any luck...