A-Class (W177) (V177) 2018 to present

looking for 2018/2019/2020 A250 4M owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not an MB
The car I'm getting is a 2019 model with 10000km's, but you can still order a brand new, 2020 M240i. So I'm not sure where you are coming from with "ancient times."
Old 04-30-2020, 03:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MB W177 A250 4Matic
It doesnt matter that You can buy old car with 2020 production.
Ancient times - no adaptive nav, no 360 camera, no side movement warning, no bmw selective beam led, no new Harmann Kardon Sound System, no Qi charge, no gesture, no intelligent voice recognition

New Age Era

Summing up, its like taking old new smartphone from the shop that got some advantages ( sound engine exterior look ) over new one but is "ancient" according to connectivity, easier usage, interior look.
But of course everyone got other experienc with cars and got self opinion and everyone can choose what he/she likes Personaly I would sacrifice R6 to R4, old exterior look to new look, RWD+FWD to FWD+RWD ( this becasue I belive bmw did 100% to get this drivetrain to be perfect and best in class )

Last edited by Vampire1984PL; 04-30-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not an MB
My M240i has wireless charging, HK sound, and LED headlights. Gesture control is a party trick at best - show your friends how cool it is and then never use it again. I turned off the voice recognition in my A250 because it activated whenever it heard anything even remotely resembling the word "Mercedes." I would also much rather interact with a nicely laid-out menu system than dictate instructions multiple times because the system couldn't figure out what I wanted the first time. I'm not sure about the terminology "adaptive NAV" - my M240i has live traffic if that's what that means. The M240i also has electric passenger seat controls and dual climate control - something my A was sorely missing.

I do like the updated look of the M235's interior, but BMW is definitely not targeting would-be F22 customers with this new platform. They are going after Mercedes A/CLA and Audi A3 buyers - something I woefully found out that I am not. And I guess that's the take away: I was disappointed with my A250. Why then would I want a BMW model that is trying hard to be just like it?

As you mentioned - to each their own.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MB W177 A250 4Matic
Oh in EU we aint got Qi charge on configurator on old 1.
LED lights I meant Selective Beam LED not normal LEDs
On Your A class You had got single AC?:O
Read and watched few reviews about this new 1/2 series and they are not so bad according to the old one about drivetrain or driving, but yes didnt drove old and new so just my opinion is on reviews..
Old 06-12-2020, 09:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A250 4M AMG Line 2019
Hi there, I'm new here but I got my A250 4M AMG Line 2019 about a year ago. As other mentionned, I have quite a few problems with it but I still love the car.

The problems that I had/have are :
- Cabin temperature problem, push warm air when it's was warn, had to put it on LOW to get cool air. They changed the OCP. But now the problem is when it's cold, it push cold air, they will replace the OCP again in a few weeks
- The touch door lock doesn't alway work, they will change the doors module.
- The auto folding mirror reactivate themself when I de-activate them for winter.
- The hatch lock was not working on morning, so had to be changed
- The voice assistant works very well but only in english, my mother tongue is french and when I put the language in french, every car command are working well but when I ask "Internet questions" like "Who is the prime minister of Canada?", it's not working. It works only when I put the language of the car in english and I ask my question in english.

I haven't had any problem with the engin so far, I have about 17000 km on it.

Another thing is that the paint seems a little cheap, my car is black and on my hood, I see a dozen of white dots caused by stone chip.

It's my first Benz and I love it though