Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 09:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A220 W177
Noisy cold engine

Originally Posted by kpp
Hey Patrickb,

Thanks a lot for sharing that info. Can you please keep us informed about your case? Did they reply to you? What does cause this issue? Do you know when we can expect a recall action and what is the scope of it?

I do not hear any noise when there is cold outside. But, when there is about 15-25 degrees, my cold engine is loud and I am afraid it is getting louder and louder. I have visited a few dealers in Poland and every single one either did not hear anything or told me it is 'normal' and I should not worry about that. It is of course bullsh*t, they just do not want to do anything with my car... And in a few months I will be out of warranty, so I need to get it sorted out (or at least diagnosed) as soon as possible. And dealers refuse to cooperate... Welcome to Poland...

Also, I found some info on the external forum (I know it is not this forum, but let me share the link, it may be helpful for people with the same problem):
About A250 problem on some external forum
I really recommend you to read that post, one user got info that "...the chain in the engine being slightly too big...". Nice quality and testing on users...
Hi
yes I will keep you informed as soon as I have a call from MB but as I did mention that according to them I have an open job card awaiting for the problem to be fixed and that it’s still under warranty as they diagnosed it 2 days before the warranty expired so my car is still covered if something happens.
The following users liked this post:
kpp (06-29-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 05:50 PM

A220 W177
Noisy cold engine

Originally Posted by Patrickb
Hi
yes I will keep you informed as soon as I have a call from MB but as I did mention that according to them I have an open job card awaiting for the problem to be fixed and that it’s still under warranty as they diagnosed it 2 days before the warranty expired so my car is still covered if something happens.
Hi
just to inform you that I emailed cs.esp@cac.mercedes-benz.com giving them a complaint of my car problem and in just a week they contacted my local MB dealer and then received a call from them saying that they had received the replacement part which is a modified timing chain tensioner and already booked for 30th June for the works to be done .

Last edited by Patrickb; 06-17-2021 at 05:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
kpp (06-29-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 04:11 PM
kpp

w177
Wow @Patrickb, thank you so much for sharing the info!
Hopefully, you will get your car fixed soon! Fingers crossed! Please keep us informed ;-)
Old 07-02-2021, 12:13 PM

A220 W177
Tensioner replaced

Originally Posted by kpp
Wow @Patrickb, thank you so much for sharing the info!
Hopefully, you will get your car fixed soon! Fingers crossed! Please keep us informed ;-)
Hi there, just got back my car with a replacement of the tensioner but not the modified one as they said to see if the problem was solved changing to an original one so on the following day after a cod start it still has the same noise. I have gone to MB and they will proceed with the modification when it arrives.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
94 e320s
I just installed the not available to the general public yet tensioner installed on the customers engine and noise is now gone, for the cold chirping type noise

Last edited by lululu; 05-15-2022 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W1777
Originally Posted by lululu
I just installed the not available to the general public yet tensioner installed on the customers engine and noise is now gone, for the cold chirping type noise
Could You provide some details? Where do You bought it?