A-Class (W177) (V177) 2018 to present

US 2020 A220 Wireless Charging Disconnect Phone Calls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 Mercedes-Benz A220
Exclamation US 2020 A220 Wireless Charging Disconnect Phone Calls

Got my A220 a few months ago and love it! Though it is made in Mexico, I'm so lucky that I haven't faced any hardware issue, other than the dealer drilled front bumper for license plate and a smudge on the inside of the driver side window. However, I've noticed a very annoying phone call disconnection issue.

So my iPhone 11 is connected with MBUX. Whenever I'm on a phone call, everything goes well (voice comes from the car's speakers) if my phone is NOT on the wireless charging plate (nearby the touchpad and cup holder). But if I charge my phone in the wireless charging plate for ~10 seconds, phone call voice will be disconnected from the car's speakers. The call is resumed a few seconds later if I remove the phone from the wireless charging plate. I also noticed that the phone's signal strength is normal as shown on the top-right corner of the media screen if it is not on the plate; otherwise, it will suddenly become null and hence the phone call disconnected.

Anyone facing the same issue? I tried to disable NFC (knowing it has no use on US model) but it doesn't work.