Battery charging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A class a200d
Battery charging

Good evening all

I have a 2021 a class a200d and due to infrequent use at present I have a ctek mxs 5.0 charger/maintainer on the car.

The battery is fully charged at present but I still get a battery status critical low message from mercedes me connect every 5 days or so.

I think this is because the charger cycles the battery every now and then to check the charge status

I wondered if anyone else has had this issue or if leaving a charger connected for a long period has caused issues.

Also from time to time the mercedes me app gives incorrect info my car has 33 miles on it yet the app says 25 miles ??
Old 02-22-2022, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 A250 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Daveaclass
Good evening all

I have a 2021 a class a200d and due to infrequent use at present I have a ctek mxs 5.0 charger/maintainer on the car.

The battery is fully charged at present but I still get a battery status critical low message from mercedes me connect every 5 days or so.

I think this is because the charger cycles the battery every now and then to check the charge status

I wondered if anyone else has had this issue or if leaving a charger connected for a long period has caused issues.

Also from time to time the mercedes me app gives incorrect info my car has 33 miles on it yet the app says 25 miles ??
i had that error once and i just drove the car for couple hours on the highway at 100+ KPH and never go it again. However my auto start stop function still doesn't work.