Battery / Phone charging issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A250
Post Battery / Phone charging issue

Hey All!

Picked up my A250 last week (2018 model) and have been driving it to and from work etc. Few things I'm noticing, which I have asked Mercedes, but I'm still waiting for their answer!

My car comes with apple car play/android auto (which annoyingly seems to have had the license deactivated, another query with Mercedes) so when I went to plug my android phone into the media port below the controls it seems to struggle with charging my phone. It'll charge it for around 15 seconds before going off charge - same thing happens with the port in the armrest. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm yet to test out the 12v socket in the front but it's the next thing I'll do when I'm driving - although I'd ideally want to be able to charge my phone from the media port for obvious reasons!

I was wondering if it's because apple car play/android auto hasn't been activated, so is it some weird way of making people buy a license? In tandem with this I've noticed my start/stop doesn't really work - it worked when I first picked up the car but I've become aware of it not really activating when I sit a lights etc. Are these two things connected? Is there a minimum amount of charge needed in the battery to allow start/stop to work along with charging a phone?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers

J