Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

For Sale: 2001 Clk 55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by ndabunka
There is a saying that if it looks, smells and sounds like a duck...... It's probably a duck. With 11 cars with this much milage and not even considering reasonable offers, I think most here will agree with me that this guy smells, sounds and looks like a CAR DEALER!!!!
I have to disagree. He stated in his post "*This is stuff I remembered off the top of my head, and for everything listed under "mods" I have the stock parts in storage*" I don't think a car dealer would have stock parts of the mods in storage.

Last edited by KevinV; 04-02-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:48 PM

The Guy lives in Southern California!
by the 619 area code i'd say San Degio.

WE DRIVE.... Southern Cali people, I think spend more time in their cars then at home. It's very common to live in San Degio and drive to orange county to work or for school. I do it everyday! I have 65,000 miles on my coupe, can't get around it. cars were ment to be driven, so drive. Let him sell his car!
Old 04-03-2005, 09:27 PM

W220, W208, W203
i don't care if it's a honda or a mercedes, if i'm dropping a high monthly payment on it, you best believe i'm going ride the car until it's wheels fall off. So what's the big deal about 100k It's not a house? So what's the point of taking care of it so much? You could not drive your car and have it in storage, and the price of the vehicle will still lower. My brother in law is the same way, he has a 10K plasma, and he doesn't like to connect video games, and only watches certain movies that won't damage the plasma. What a joke, a tv is made to be watched, and a car is made to be driven.....
Old 04-04-2005, 05:54 PM

No longer car shopping...
Red face

Originally Posted by KevinV
I have to disagree. He stated in his post "*This is stuff I remembered off the top of my head, and for everything listed under "mods" I have the stock parts in storage*" I don't think a car dealer would have stock parts of the mods in storage.
I saw his post in the other forums about all the mods he did. He could still be a dealer. In short, it really doesn't matter if he's a dealer or not. I've just seen far too many of these with 50% less miles selling under $30K. I agree, let the guy sell his car. I agree that driving them 100K miles doesn't prevent them from being good cars. However, being an authrentic AMG WILL make them more expensive to repair once they do need repairs. I'll end my discussions on this board with these comments....
Old 04-04-2005, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by gate1way2
i don't care if it's a honda or a mercedes, if i'm dropping a high monthly payment on it, you best believe i'm going ride the car until it's wheels fall off. So what's the big deal about 100k It's not a house? So what's the point of taking care of it so much? You could not drive your car and have it in storage, and the price of the vehicle will still lower. My brother in law is the same way, he has a 10K plasma, and he doesn't like to connect video games, and only watches certain movies that won't damage the plasma. What a joke, a tv is made to be watched, and a car is made to be driven.....
Thats funny... It reminds me of someone I know that bought an M3. He washed it even if it sat in the garage since the last wash. He rarely drove the thing and would even rent a car if he was going to drive on a little weekend getaway. When he finally wanted to get rid of it, it had super low miles but he still took a bath when he sold it.

What an idiot

I love my car and take very good care of it but from the minute I own it until the minute I sell it I'm driving the hell out of it. Its a car and it will lose value. If I can't drive my car the way it was designed to be driven then I don't want it. If something goes wrong, thats what our warranties are for.

Lower milage cars don't increase the value of your car, it just lowers the value of those cars that were really driven.

Good luck selling your car

Last edited by NY C32; 04-04-2005 at 06:45 PM.