Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

1963 230 fintail FOR SALE in MA $1500. OBO 33K ORG MILES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2006 | 07:22 PM

1963 230 fintail FOR SALE in MA $1500. OBO 33K ORG MILES

in wrentham MA i have a blue mercedes 230 fintail for sale, it has a 6cyl 2.3 gas engine, with a/c. it shows 33 thousand miles and even has an oil change sticker on the door jam reminding owner to get annother change at 35 thousand! the car ran when i began my lite restoration, which was just prepareing it for the road as a daily driver for the summer. the car is blue with cream interior, and is in overall good condition. hasent really been used much in its life. off the road when the first owner died, in 1985. stored in finished garage by his brother and reguarly started and run from 85 to 05 when i bought it. the owner was a friend of mine and i bought the car inexpensively. i shouldent have, as i am a student and dont have the time or money to spend on it. the car really dosent need much and is very solid, it has very little rust, the two main rust spots are in the floor pan, whare holes were drilled for the seat belts, about 5 or 6 inches in diameter should be removed and replaced. the two rear taillight lenses need replacement, and the gas tank and exhaust (removed for cleaning) and the carbs (rebuilt twin solex 32's) need to be fitted. the carbs cost me $530.00 to have rebuilt, from a shop in CA. its got new fluids, belts&hoses, oilfilter, fuel filter, thirmostat, and more. starter rebuild cost $120. alternator removed, tested, cleaned and lubed, cost $65.

this car is a stylish car with class, and deserves to be put back on the road again. if i had the money, i wouldent be selling it.

i would like to get $1500. which is very, vary fair for this good loking car, its a good quality project, which could be back on the road very quickly. if i get $1500. , i will be recovering less than half of my purchase and parts investment.

CHRISTOPHERAVALVERDE@YAHOO.COM

Last edited by meteor; 03-18-2006 at 07:26 PM.