Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Sold: 1986 Mercedes 190e 16v for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Pewter C32
Talking Sold: 1986 Mercedes 190e 16v for sale

1986 Mercedes 190e 16v(Rare)
137,000 miles

Body: The car has the original smoke silver paint, which still looks great, some blemishes here and there which can be expected for a 20 yr old car. The body is in good shape and includes; Factory Bodykit w/spoiler, Euro headlights with clear corners, Custom front lip spoiler, 20% tint all around.

Brakes: Front slotted rotors and painted calipers.

Engine: 4 cylinder 16v w/cosworth head, 5-speed Getrag transmission, Stock Ram air intake w/K&N filter, Magnacor Wires, New OEM Battery.

Exhaust: Full 2.5 inch piping (no pre-cats) with high flow cat and 2 Magnaflow mufflers

Description:
The car has a reconstructed title due hitting a deer in 2002 and since the car is old and parts are hard to find the insurance company decided to total it, so I purchased it back fixed everything and it has been driving great and looks better than ever. The only parts I needed were a hood, radiator, radiator supports and headlights. I have all of the paperwork before and after photos, receipts, everything.
I have owned the car for many years and have all receipts from when the car was new till now. The car has power everything, Anti-Lock brakes, factory airbag, and sunroof. As seen in the picture I took meticulous care of my baby benz, and hate to sell it but I have moved on to a c32. The car is a blast to drive its fast and smooth at the same time. This is the ultimate head turner; there aren’t many nice looking 16v’s around anymore, especially since there were only 1800 imported in 1986.

Problems:
The car has a fuel injection issue it idles ruff when first started, but when warmed up drives great. It idles a little high when warmed up but it seems pretty normal, it always idled a little high. I am not sure what the problem is with the injection system but I have still been driving the car back and forth to work once or twice a week.
The a/c is not currently working it blows warm air
Small crack in the taillights, which are smoked
Few scratches, some of the clear coat is coming off of the hood, and a small crack in the bodykit but nothing major
normal for a car that’s 20 years old
I think the cruise control doesn’t work, I don’t use it anyway.
The Pass side rear door doesn’t open from the outside, Pass side seat back switch is broken, the seat can be moved, just not the back, The plastic broke when the car was detailed.

Interior: Factory leather Recaro electric seats, Power sunroof, Alpine tape deck with 12 disk changer in the trunk, Boston acoustic front speakers and MB quart rear. The dashboard has some cracks and the front drivers seat is a little worn on one side.

Suspension: Self-Leveling was removed and replaced with Koni Adjustable shocks all around, H&R lowering springs lower the car 2”. It handles much better than the original set-up.

Wheels and Tires: 15 inch OEM Mercedes wheels with Pirelli Snow Sport Tires and Full size spare.

New Parts: Battery, Fuel pump, and Tune-up parts.

This 16v was very well kept; it just needs a little TLC.
I have tried to describe this vehicle to the best of my ability, however I do realize that I might not have covered everything therefore, please don't hesitate to contact me via email. This is an as-is sale, no warranty implied sale. If you have any questions or would like to come and see the car in person please PM me.

Price: $5,000
I also have a set of 16" Borbet type-E wheels with Yokohama AVS tires which I'll sell with the car for an extra $500.
The car is located in Newtown, PA 18940
Thanks for looking, Pete
Attached Thumbnails Sold: 1986 Mercedes 190e 16v for sale-frontleftsideangle-__.jpg   Sold: 1986 Mercedes 190e 16v for sale-front2-__.jpg   Sold: 1986 Mercedes 190e 16v for sale-rear-_.jpg   Sold: 1986 Mercedes 190e 16v for sale-engine-.jpg   Sold: 1986 Mercedes 190e 16v for sale-leftrear-_.jpg  

Last edited by PBenz32; 05-31-2006 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Location
Old 06-02-2006, 08:39 AM

2003 Pewter C32
bump
Old 06-06-2006, 11:07 AM

2003 Pewter C32
$5000 with both sets of wheels, 16inch Borbet Type-E w/yokohama avs with lots of tread left, and a set of OEM wheels with Pirelli Snow Sports also with lots of tread.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2x 300d turbodiesels
sent you a PM

bump for a sweet car
Old 06-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 S600, 2002 S430, Bently Continental GT coming soon..., Falcon 50.
This was my first car. It is definately a sweet ride, lots of fun to drive. Mine looked exactly like yours....same color, headlights, identical twins. Brings back a lot of good memories. And it definately is a head-turner. Becker Imports sells some great engine kits for these cars, they are not cheap but they make this car incredibly fast.

I would highly recommend this car for anybody looking to buy a good quality sports car that will impress on a budget.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:57 PM

2003 Pewter C32
Found this online

Contributing to the fantastic driving dynamic was the now famous multilink rear suspension. It was first released on the 190 series and was instrumental in providing sporty and competitive handling. Mercedes also collaborated with engine building masters, Cosworth Technology Ltd. to help develop the 16 valve cylinder head with mechanical valve lifters.

In the summer of 1983, the 190E 2.3 16V set out to break as many long distance high speed FIA records as possible at Nardo, Italy. After 202 hours of continuous running, multiple records were broken including the 50,000 km level at an average speed of 248 kph (154mph). Very impressive when you consider they had to stop to refuel, change drivers and service the car while the clock was ticking. During these endurance trials there were some minor aerodynamic modifications including removal of the mirrors and wipers. In addition, a lower rear axle ratio permitted a higher top speed but overall this car was almost stock and reflected well on the entire 190 series.
May of 1984 was a monumental time for the 16V. The brand new Nurburgring racetrack in Germany was hosting its first F1 race and a 190E 2.3 16V won the supporting race which was great public relations Moss, Lauda, Prost and Hill were all beaten by a young upstart driver named Ayrton Senna as some of us F1 fans know went on to be a 3 time world champion.

The DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters) race series became popular around this time so Mercedes entered multiple cars after satisfying the rules stipulation that required 5,000 road going versions to be built. BMW entered DTM with its enthralling M3, which was a direct rival to the 190. Competition forced Mercedes Benz to enlarge engine capacity to 2.5 liters and eventually release a more advanced Evolution 1 and 2 versions with more aerodynamic aids and horsepower. At this point, the famous engine tuner, AMG, was called upon to create a team of their own. Mercedes and AMG went on to win over 50 DTM races and numerous titles, which solidified their dedication to motor sports, which lives on to this day.

It is quite clear that the 190E 2.3 16V is a very special automobile with the kind of pedigree very few share.

Since Mercedes Benz created this car for racing it has many special components like a Getrag manual transmission with a dog leg first gear. As mentioned previously the hydro pneumatic multilink rear suspension keeps the tires in contact with the road. From the factory, an aerodynamic package was fitted, which consisted of a front spoiler, wheel arches, side skirts, rear valance and rear wing. This reduced lift dramatically, which aided handling. A low coefficient drag (cd) of .32 helped give the German car a 141 mph top speed. The US bound cars used different cams and had a smaller compression ratio plus a more restrictive exhaust. Horsepower was down slightly to167 hp from the European model’s 185hp but different gearing allowed the US model to accelerate almost as quickly with a 137mph top speed.

I have always loved the subtle aggressiveness of the 190E 2.3 16V. Everything looks like it has a purpose. Tasteful body proportions , great tires that fill out the wheel arches while lending a reminiscent feel of the original DTM racecars. ABS brakes are standard as well as brake cooling ducts to keep brake temperatures under control. Pristine German black leather covers the incredibly comfortable electric Recaro sports seats. Mercedes Benz had added a stopwatch, voltmeter and oil temp gauge to the lower center console backing up its motor sports intentions. In the rear, there are only two Recaro seats with supportive side bolsters, which makes this a 4-passenger vehicle only.

This is a really nice Mercedes Cosworth (as they are called in many circles). Since only 2000 were imported into the US, the 190E 2.3 16V has a strong following and is a collectable. This makes this car as much of a rare bird as a Ferrari.

The fact that this car has FIA world records and multiple DTM championships is more than enough to make it desirable. The 190E 2.3 16V was designed for the purpose of motor sports, which lends an air of exotica.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:44 AM

nice ride bro... where are you located?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:25 AM

2003 Pewter C32
Thanks, I'm located in
Newtown PA, About 30 miles north of Phila.

Just want to add the rear door problem is fixed and works perfect
Heres an old pic with the Borbets
Attached Thumbnails Sold: 1986 Mercedes 190e 16v for sale-16vborbet.jpg  

Last edited by PBenz32; 06-10-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by PBenz32
Thanks, I'm located in
Newtown PA, About 30 miles north of Phila.

Just want to add the rear door problem is fixed and works perfect
Heres an old pic with the Borbets
no pics of the interior?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:27 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
great to see someone even listed the problems of the car.

bump for honest seller.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:27 AM

I wiil like to see car

Lpease call me at 215 429 4181
Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 AM

190e

I live in Yardley and I will like to your car. If is no sold yet 215429 4181 or email to ugalde@princeton.edu
Old 06-19-2006, 09:55 AM

2003 Pewter C32
Cool

Sold!!!!