Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS - 1982 Mercedes 300TD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS - 1982 Mercedes 300TD

1982 Mercedes W123 300TD 225K

Price: $5000 Cdn As Is --> OBO <--

Reason for sale: baby on the way and I've got too many toys for my limited parking.

This is a beautiful W123 wagon body style with about 225K with the 3L inline-5 diesel engine that was the staple of Mercedes cars in the early 1980's. Originally a Texas car until 1999, it is in great appearance though some components will need some attention. The interior is blue -real- leather, not MB-Tex, with no cracking but the colour is worn. It has the factory 3rd rear seat option that boosts seating to 7 and all headrests are present. The rear hatch struts work well and the hatch moves freely. The manual sunroof operates perfectly and is easy to use.

It was repainted the original factory pale blue in 2004 because the Texan sun caused the clearcoat to fade but there are no real rust issues. It is currently shod with Michelin X-Ice snow tires with only 2000 kms on them. The original first aid kit and jack are also present. 4 Pirelli summer tires of unknown tread life and the original full-size spare are included as well. At a major service in 2004, all filters and glow plugs were replaced, and the valve clearances were checked.

The engine runs very well and starts the first time, every time, however the charging system needs a looksee. There are no problems with the cooling system either since the waterpump was recently replaced. The front brakes require replacement but the rest of the system is fine. With only 225K, it's also young for a diesel, especially with only rare winter driving.

It shows well and has made multiple appearances at Mercedes-Benz events in the Toronto area. With a little love, this car could be a nice show car or you could add a secondary fuel tank to run it on french fry grease. The possibilities are far reaching. Whatever you choose, it's a fun ride and you'll not see another on the road like this very often.

The driver's door trim, absent in the photos, has been replaced. Additional photos can be viewed at:

/
I'm flexible on price as I'm aware there things need to be addressed, and I'm motivated to sell before I start getting parking tickets.

Tim

Last edited by TimothyPilgrim; 10-30-2006 at 07:49 PM.