Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Post FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 for sale in Irvine, CA (So Cal)
Black exterior / Charcoal interior / Black Birdseye Maple Wood Trim
Mileage: 50,923
Under Extended Warranty: 7 years/100,000 miles (Transferrable to new owner)

Purchased July 5th of 03 from Fletcher Jones Motorcars MBZ dealership in Newport Beach. I'm the original and the only owner of the vehicle. I have just gotten it fully serviced. Next scheduled maintenence due in 9.9k miles.
Brand new brake rotors and pads both front and rear. New tires. Just got it fully detailed inside and out. All services and scheduled maintenance done and have papers.

I'm sure everyone on the forum knows the standard equipments so I'll just list the optional.

Optional Equipments:
  • E3 Sports Package
    - Blue Tinted Windows
    - Sports Front Bumper
    - 5-Spoke 17" Wheels
    - Black Birdseye Maple Wood Interior Trim
  • E2 Value Package
  • Keyless Go
  • Harman Kardon Premium Sound System
  • In-Dash 6 Disc CD-Changer (Total of 7)
  • Wood & Leather Steering Wheel

I put the flat Hood Emblem on it and still have the original star emblem as well.

I'm not sure how much I should be asking for fair pricing. (Feel free to reply and give me suggestions/advices please! We're trying to figure out a fair price.) I'm still discussing with family, so it's basically open to any reasonable offers for now. I'm also looking for local buyers please. Again, I am located in city of Irvine, CA (Orange County).
If you are interested in the vehicle or have further questions about it, please don't hesitate to call me.
My name is Alex and you can reach me at 949-677-9415.
If I do not pick up for any reason, please leave me a voicemail and I'll return your call as soon as I am able to.
Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*-img_0082.jpg   FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*-img_0050.jpg   FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*-img_0139.jpg   FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*-img_0063.jpg   FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*-img_0102.jpg  

Last edited by suhochunsah; 12-06-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
Have you came up with a price?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:53 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Exclamation

I've been looking at a lot of ads for E500s FS around the area and came to a conclusion that there is no real "average" price for this vehicle.
Even under similar condition and options, either if it's being sold at a dealership or privately, it looks like the prices vary by night and day.
I'm going to aim high and see how it goes since I'm not really in a rush to get rid of it. If you don't find the price right for you, please feel free to throw me what you want to offer for it. All offers will be considered as long as it's reasonable.
I find it that many people are too shy giving offers for stuff they're interested in buying. Just like how sellers want the most they can get for whatever they're selling, buyers also wish to save as much as they can. Many sellers tend to ignore or "blacklist" those potential buyers, labeling them as "low-ballers", which makes buyers hesitatant to offer whatever they can for it. Another case that I notice happening a lot is that buyers tend to think the price is too high without even trying to negotiate to get the price that works for the both parties. Often times, they completely ignore the OBO next to it (OR best offer! It does NOT mean +tax!).
So with that being said, if anyone is willing to take it for my asking price, great! If not, no biggie. I'm a flexible person so, let the offering begin!

Asking: $36,000 Or Best Offer (YES you can offer more than one time!)

You are more than welcome to come check out the car in person. Location is in Irvine, CA. I can be easily reached at 949-677-9415. Please give me a call if you wish to stop by or have any kind of questions about the car. I also have a lot more pictures of the car, so if you wish to see any part of the car more closely, I can send you full sized files instead of the resized ones.

Note: Although I said I am not the type of seller I described above, I WILL ignore people making silly offers like "$20! How's $20.00001?". But I'm sure fellow mbworld members won't act like the kids on something like "Saleen-AMG-Nismo Triple-Turbo Nuclear-Powered Civic Type-R²" sites.

Last edited by suhochunsah; 12-11-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
prices

there are many 03's that are coming off lease. i've been seeing 2003 E500's at manheim for low to $20k's - depending on mileage and options. of course this would be w/o your 7 yr warranty so you can add $2-3k for that.

if i had to guess, you should be able to get hi $20's - it'll probably get strong interest. the major negative on your car is that it's high on the mileage vs. the many 03's that are available out there.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
there are many 03's that are coming off lease. i've been seeing 2003 E500's at manheim for low to $20k's - depending on mileage and options. of course this would be w/o your 7 yr warranty so you can add $2-3k for that.

if i had to guess, you should be able to get hi $20's - it'll probably get strong interest. the major negative on your car is that it's high on the mileage vs. the many 03's that are available out there.
Yeah, I have seen 03s with mid to low 20s. Depends on the mileage, options, condition, color combo, etc. But as I said above, I'm NOT asking 36k firm, but merely just shooting high and hoping to land on something. 36k OBO doesn't neccessarily mean the offer has to stay around 36k, which a lot of people do misunderstand. Of course it does give the buyer some kind of idea on how much the seller is looking into getting. That's exactly why I have taken the time to explain that I'm a very flexible person and I am going to consider all offers as long as it's reasonable and fair for both parties.
Not considering the supply & demand mark-down and just looking at the new price, I think 30~35k is what the car should be worth. I do not like firm prices, so I aimed high to give room to negotiate with the buyer. After all, the negotiation is always LOWERING the asking price unless it's an auction. If someone wants to pay 36k for it, I have no problem selling it for that price. I paid over 70k in total back in 03. If it doesn't work for them, I clearly stated what they can do in my previous post.
I do really appreciate your input and the great info!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:10 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Few more pictures of paint condition.

Took them when the sun was almost gone, but it did come out much brighter than it really was. I will take some more detailed pictures during day time.
The tiny white particles are just dust.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*-img_0006.jpg   FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*-img_0011.jpg   FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*-img_0015.jpg   FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*-img_0016.jpg   FS: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 (w211) *SO CAL*-img_0021.jpg  

Old 12-12-2006, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
price is a bit too high I suppose

my friend has 03E 500, with all the available options except navi with less than 30k miles, and 4 more years on extended warranty as well.
He was not even offer close to 36k
you will be lucky if you can get around 30k for that car.
market sucks now

good luck
Old 12-12-2006, 01:02 AM

05 w463 G55, 08 W251 R500, 03 996 turbo
forum readers too educated here to get that high price..

maybe you can get someone to bite from the latimes or even off a for sale sign on your car, but I would bet you a steak dinner at mastros ocean club that you wouldnt get it for anywhere near your asking price from a forum member... thats just the power of the internet, and especially the readers on this forum- they have too much market info.

good luck, if you can sell it for $36K, let me know where, because I have the same car with only 25K miles with ALL options- keyless, panorama, euro nav, 18" amg wheels, sport package, etc.... then I should be able to sell mine for $38K at least
Old 12-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Almost a Member!

Don't wanna F'up your sale or anything, but I just sold my 03 E500 w/25K miles for low 20's. Mine was a lessor equipped model, but...
Old 12-12-2006, 12:40 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Originally Posted by sc_trojan
maybe you can get someone to bite from the latimes or even off a for sale sign on your car, but I would bet you a steak dinner at mastros ocean club that you wouldnt get it for anywhere near your asking price from a forum member... thats just the power of the internet, and especially the readers on this forum- they have too much market info.

good luck, if you can sell it for $36K, let me know where, because I have the same car with only 25K miles with ALL options- keyless, panorama, euro nav, 18" amg wheels, sport package, etc.... then I should be able to sell mine for $38K at least
Like I said, OBO doesn't mean +tax. Where in my post did I ask for 36k firm? I even said I just aimed high so buyers can work DOWN from it and offer whatever they can. Also mentioned I'm going to consider all reasonable offers. If you can't read through thoroughly, I suggest you keep your bets and comments to yourself please. Use the power of your brain to do the basic reading before you do a search, jot down numbers, and call that your "market info". Instead of skipping to the dollar sign and clicking quick reply to just blab off ur mouth at someone, if you actually read through my post, you can clearly see that 36k is NOT what i'm asking for.
I said it'd be great if someone wanted to take it, which is another reason why i started high for the slim chance of that happening. However, as I've stated above many times, I don't really expect that to happen. Personally, I believe all pre-owned Mercedes-Benz are sold below their value (or sold overpriced in the beginning when they're new) and even if I did want 35~40k for it, I don't really see anything wrong. But since most people lease Mercedes, there are way too many pre-owned 03 models getting returned after their term is over around this time around, and surplus of supplies over the demand makes the market value go down. I am aware of this, but I am also aware of the fact that previously leased vehicles, Benz or not, often times (not saying all of them) get abused carelessly or just not very well maintained and taken care of compared to vehicles that are actually purchased.
For the last time, if you really don't find my flexible price making your eyes brighten up, I did say feel free to give me your *reasonable* offers and I will consider them. I don't see what's so hard to understand this. Just as I was shooting high trying to see if anyone is willing to take it, you can offer as low as you want and worst thing I'll do is say "No, I'm sorry but that's a bit too low." Then all you have to do is try a little higher and maybe I'll take it that time. If I still don't take it and that offer was the highest you were willing to go, then obviously no deal can be made unless one of us change our minds. No hard feelings. I think I'm being fair and giving the buyer the option to call out the prices.
I wouldn't feel comfortable offering low if the seller would turn down the offer, calling me low-baller, then never talking to me again like we just broke up or something and I WAS willing to offer higher. This is NOT the case with me!! I'm not a hard person, in fact I'm very easy to deal with. I'm trying to sell a car here and I'd be an idiot to restrict/limit the potential buyers by ignoring after first few "low-ball" offers.
I hope that made everything clear by now.
If you STILL don't understand, I'll rephrase it for you. You can completely IGNORE my asking price because I'm practically telling you that I'm willing to work with YOUR numbers so it has to real meaning. Whatever my asking price is, if you don't find it fair, offer me something that IS fair to you, and you think it's reasonable to me as well.

Last edited by suhochunsah; 12-12-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd be on that car like "stink on a monkey" if it were 2500 miles to the right!

Good luck with the sale - very nice!

Regards
Dave
Old 12-13-2006, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Good luck w the sale. It's quite sad to see these car depreciate in value so quickly.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
man, these things are cheap in the US!
good luck with your sale. the car looks great.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:14 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Thanks for the kind words guys! I'm also sad to see them depreciate a lot faster and more than they should. But currently, nobody is driving it... taking up space and money. I'm still hesitant to sell it off because of the price. I mean, what brand new car can we find for $30~40K that's even comparable to this? I say brand new because I'm the original owner of this vehicle. When you're the original owner, you feel something different of the car... something like your actual child, and adopting a child for an example.

Even though the initial price before wasn't what I was asking, it may have scared off some buyers if they just looked at the price and didn't read through the thread. I'm lowering the price, which I am still willing to negotiate to your liking as long as I find it ok with me and my family.

Asking Price: $32,000 OBO

Last edited by suhochunsah; 12-13-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:35 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Is it still priced too high? Fair? I'd like some feedback on your opinion guys... Thanks!