Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS/FT: 1993 BLACK RX-7 Twin Turbo 63k miles MINT *Perfect Condition* in Midwest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
FS/FT: 1993 BLACK RX-7 Twin Turbo 63k miles MINT *Perfect Condition* in Midwest

This is a longshot on this forum, but no harm in posting it. I am putting up my Rx-7 for sale. This is the touring edition, which has the premium Bose stereo and Acoustic Wave system. It also features a sunroof and tan leather interior. The car has a five speed manual transmission and has new Michelin Pilot tires. Interior and exterior are immaculate, leather does not have any wrinkles and looks brand new, and the paint is almost perfect. No rust anywhere.

This car is all OEM and has all original factory parts except for an HKS turbo timer and Racing Beat spoiler (as seen in the pictures). Mileage is still low, at 63k miles. Needs absolutely nothing. Car has been garage kept. All maintenance done regularly, oil changes, plugs, etc.

Here is a little snippet describing this generation Rx7:

The third generation of the RX-7 debuted in 1993 and marked a return back to the basics. The RX-7 was only available as a two-door hatchback with a new twin-sequential turbo-charged rotary engine (13B-REW) rated at 255 bhp. Available either with a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission, the new RX-7 featured a driver's airbag, 4 wheel disc brakes with Anti-Lock Brakes, and a limited-slip differential as standard. Optional were two packages (that could not be ordered together): The performance minded R-1 option added dual oil coolers and body spoilers. The luxury-oriented Touring Package added leather seats, a power sunroof, Bose Speakers, and steering wheel mounted cruise control. The all new RX-7 boasted 50/50 weight distribution and weighed 190 lbs. less than the previous generation Turbo. 1995 was the last year of the RX-7. The RX-7 had become a true performance car, but the price increases (topping out at $42,000) sealed its fate. The RX-7 was discontinued in 1995, and the era of the rotary engine came to an end, for now.

Any questions feel free to PM or ask me.

Here is the deal. I'm only asking $15500

I could be selling this at a much higher price but I am letting it go in hopes of a quicker sale. Mileage and condition really boosts the value of this car, not to mention collectability.

I would consider trades too for any newer MB.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:05 AM

NA
EDIT:

A little more history.

The rotary powered Mazda 787B won the 24 Hours of Le Mans (24 Heures du Mans) on June 23, 1991, at the Sarthe circuit in France. Mazda is the only Japanese winner to have ever won the race, and the only winner ever with a rotary engine. They set out to use the knowledge acquired to create the third generation RX-7. In an era when performance cars were becoming increasingly heavy and overburdened with useless gadgetry, Mazda set out to redefine their flagship while remaining true to the principle that less weight equates to higher performance. The 3rd generation RX-7 was born from this ideal as a thoroughbred track rocket with no consideration given to the unnecessary weight of electronic gizmos or luxury accomodations. Showcasing the 13B-REW pistonless Wankel rotary engine, the RX-7's tiny 1.3 liter powerplant cranks out 255 horsepower in stock form and has huge tuning potential. This high-revving, lag free sequentially twin-turbocharged lump is mated to a snappy 5-speed gearbox with Torsen limited slip differential in a lightweight, aerodynamic package. Additional use of lightweight materials such as 14-pound alloy wheels, an aluminum bonnet and aluminum suspension components yields a perfect 50/50 weight distribution. Combined with front and rear independent double wishbone suspension, the cornering ability of this car in factory trim is nothing short of supercar status: .99g on the skidpad. With this RX-7, Mazda created a new paradigm: an affordable that could rival the performance of an exotic. Built to race and win against the 911's and Corvette's of the day, that's exactly what this radical little machine achieved.

A few people asked for interior shots. Finally went out in the frigid cold to take some shots. Apologies for the bad camera. The car could use a wash and vacuum when it's warmer..

I should also mention this car is located in Fargo, ND 58103. That is a little less than four hours away from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:30 PM

NA
^