Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Chrome Lug Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007 | 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Exclamation Chrome Lug Bolts

Extended Chrome lug bolts that you can actually see in the deeply recessed Mercedes mounting holes.

Replace your tired, old, rusty factory issue "economy" bolts that ruin the look of your expensive wheels and make any alloy wheel look brand new again.

These custom made, high tensile, chrome lug bolts fit all Mercedes wheels.

A$10ea. /A$200 set of 20 plus shipping.(USD160)

Last edited by Rafal; 05-04-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-26-2007 | 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
rafal,

I feel obligated to give a friendly warning to people looking at this thread. I have had some serious problems with chrome lug bolts on a C32 for years. While I can not say that the finish was the cause, my chrome bolts have had a snapping issuse since the very first set. The finish tends to crack and strip in the hub and this leads to rusting of the bolt. With time the bolts snap at this nearly lead me losing a wheel at the track. The I have spoken to everyone about this and no one knows exactly what is happening.

Yes the W203 rear hub has an issue that makes it prone to snapping lugs but I have seen chrome lugs on several cars fail (different chassis) and I just dont want people getting lugs that can fail. I know you race and I would just say a set of polished lugs that are not atually dipped in chrome might be better. If you want to make the car look better (which I understand) I think polished lugs might be safer.

But your wheels do look great.
Old 02-26-2007 | 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
rafal,

I feel obligated to give a friendly warning to people looking at this thread. I have had some serious problems with chrome lug bolts on a C32 for years. While I can not say that the finish was the cause, my chrome bolts have had a snapping issuse since the very first set. The finish tends to crack and strip in the hub and this leads to rusting of the bolt. With time the bolts snap at this nearly lead me losing a wheel at the track. The I have spoken to everyone about this and no one knows exactly what is happening.

Yes the W203 rear hub has an issue that makes it prone to snapping lugs but I have seen chrome lugs on several cars fail (different chassis) and I just dont want people getting lugs that can fail. I know you race and I would just say a set of polished lugs that are not atually dipped in chrome might be better. If you want to make the car look better (which I understand) I think polished lugs might be safer.

But your wheels do look great.
Thank you for your valid comments. I never had any issues with these bolts and they do look good. Not all bolts are made equal. These come from a performance wheel manufacturer with a fair bit of reputation to lose should someone part with his wheel! How long would one need to let a thick bolt rust before it snapped? The only bit of rust I have ever seen on them is around where the wheel brace hits the bolt head, after repeated tightening. On circuit I still use the OE bolts.