Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

1995 E300 Diesel, 142k miles, 2nd owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:08 PM
POS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1966 250SE Cab, 1985 500SE Euro, 1985 190e 2.3-16 AMG, 1986 300E LeMons Car
1995 E300 Diesel, 142k miles, 2nd owner

VIN: WDBEB31E0SC242637

History
I bought this car from a dealer in October 2005 and it had 110,607 miles on it. Before I purchased it, I went through the car’s books and found that Sylvio’s Autohaus was the latest mechanic; I called him and talked to him about the car prior to purchase. He gave me the history of the car and the owner, and he gave me a thumbs up on it. It had one owner from 1995 to 2005, and the first owner traded it in for a 2005 MB diesel. This car was in excellent one-owner condition then, and it’s in excellent two-owner condition now.

Car was in a minor front-end accident during first owner’s tenure (I also knew about this prior to my buying it). Repairs required a repaint and a new grill – the radiator and front crossmembers/supports are the original ones, so the damage was not that extensive. I have had no accidents in this car. The previous owner nor myself have smoked in this car.

Service History
The first owner had all regular services done by dealer when under warranty and by Sylvio’s Autohaus when out of warranty. Car was always serviced well and never had any major issues. When I got the car, most fluids were changed as a precaution. I drive 135 miles a day, and this is my commuter. I reset odometer with every fill-up and calculate fuel mileage – worst was 26mpg (in the winter below 30°), normal is 29mpg (I drive at 85 mph with AC), and best was 34mpg (70° without AC). Everything works great on my car – AC will freeze you out, all electrical items work, no noises, no squeaks, no vibrations at any speed.

During my time with the car:

1. At 115,000 miles, new Interstate battery
2. At 132,000 miles, four new shocks, new tie rods, and an alignment
3. At 136,000 miles, new fuel lines, new engine wiring harness, new intake gasket, new fuel line clips on top of intake
4. At 139,000 miles new Pirelli P400 tires

Aesthetics
On the interior, the car is a 9.5 – the .5 deduction is for the small rip on the driver’s seat. It's a cut in the surface layer, not down to the foam. It wasn’t there when I bought it, but it’s there now – not sure how it happened. The interior is is beautiful - looks great. AC is cold as heck, never been worked on. No dash cracks, wood peeling, stains, etc.

On the exterior, the car is 8.5 – the 1.5 deduction is for the rock chips on the hood (headlights and windshield are chip/crack-free) and the accident by the first owner. All the body panels are fantastic, no dents, no major scratches, two minor scratches. No rust – garaged, Texas car.

Mechanically, the car is a 10 – no deductions. It drives like a new car, no matter what speed. The 24-valves get it moving quickly – it’s really a fun, light car to drive. It drives straight with the hands off the wheel, stops quick and without vibration, revs like a high-torque engine should, and the suspension is firm yet compliant. NO LEAKS AND NO SMOKE – NONE. I am fortunate to be able to afford any and all repairs on an MB – when a problem comes up, it gets addressed immediately, but there haven’t been many problems at all.

Summary
My 1995 is an excellent car, and it makes one hell of a commuter. I’m selling it because I want to upgrade to a w210 body style. It has a new engine wiring harness (done by my MB-only mechanic of 25 years), the transmission shifts firm like new and never hesitates when going into Drive or Reverse, and no signs of the dreaded evaporator leak - the AC system is freezing cold.

Most cars need something when they get sold – I always expect to put $1,000 into an MB immediately to fix something the previous owner neglected. This car needs nothing - if you wanted to get completely ****, you can fix the rock chips and the tear in the seat, but you have nothing to do mechanically.

The wheels, tires (new Pirellis), and radio will be replaced with the factory ones like in the photos. I want to keep my 16s for the w210.

In Houston, Texas. $10,500.

btt@houston.rr.com

Last edited by POS; 03-30-2007 at 09:55 PM.