Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS 97 Mercedes Benz E420, all records, no accidents, CHEAP $7499 Ann Arbor MI 30 pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
FS 97 Mercedes Benz E420, all records, no accidents, CHEAP $7499 Ann Arbor MI 30 pics

For sale:
1997 E420
4.2 Liter DOHC 32 Valve V8
VIN number: WDBJF72FXVA443561
Original MSRP $52,345.00
Azure Blue metallic paint
Dark blue leather upholstery
Burl walnut interior trim
5 speed automatic
Dual climate control with charcoal filter
Power 10 way adjustable seats with 3 position memory
Power mirror, steering column and head restraint
Bose Premium Sound System with CD changer
Anti-theft alarm system
Glass sunroof
Power headlamp washers
Heated front seats
Dual front and side airbags
ASR Traction Control system
EPA Gas Mileage Rating: 18 city/25 highway
2 Master keys with keyless entry, 1 valet key, 1 wallet key: 4 Keys total
ALL books, manuals, welcome booklet
Floormats
No accidents, all original body
Absolutely clean title, clean carfax

Current mileage 111,300

This E420 was bought from Mercedes Ann Arbor dealership and was owned by 1 gentleman for its entire life until last year. Why take a chance on a used Mercedes and buy from used car dealerships with no service history? I have all records for this beautiful E420. The car was maintained at Mercedes Ann Arbor dealer and Eurotec Motor in Ann Arbor.

Highlights of maintenance record:
Engine oil religiously changed every 7500 miles or sooner (see below)
All regular scheduled maintenance every 15,000 miles performed at dealer with receipts
Brake fluid flushed every 2 years
Coolant flushed at 60,000 miles and at 100,000 miles
Front suspension lower ball joints, bushings, control arms replaced and alignment
Crank breather hose replaced
Serpentine belt replaced
New brakes and tires 2004
New windshield (old glass was pitted from driving)

In 2006, the following were performed:
New spark plugs and spark plug connectors
New battery
New engine air filter
New cabin air filters
Engine oil replaced every 1,500 miles and engine treated with AutoRX additive
New headlight bulbs, Philips Vision Plus +50% illumination premium H7
Mercedes OEM coolant flush
Automatic Transmission Fluid replaced, OEM Mercedes ATF
New transmission filter and gasket
New rear differential fluid, Mobil1 Full Synthetic 75W-90
New wiper blade assembly

I bought this car last year thinking I will keep her for 10 more years. This E420 pulls like a freight train with 275HP and 295ft lbs torque, interior is spotless, and has a verified service history. Why am I selling? Reason for sale is that I recently bought a Mercedes E55 AMG, and also own a Honda S2000 convertible and a SUV. Although I do NOT want to sell the E420 because she’s running so beautifully, I just have TOO MANY cars and I have to let her go.

Current issues:
Car has surface rust & touchup spots which do not affect how the car drives. Rust is a common W210 problem, and the car spent its entire life in Michigan. One of the spring perches has some rust. A well-known and dealer recommended local bodyshop inspected the perch, and I was told no work is necessary at this time. If your dealer is nice, your local MB dealer may pay 100% or 50% of the perch repair, or it’ll cost $400-500.
Sunroof tilts up just fine, but it will open about 1/5 way only. Likely culprit: sunroof cable & cover plates, common on W210. DIY repair will cost less than $100.
Lamp defective message – Automatic sensor that detects burnt out bulbs is on. There could be a burnt out bulb.
Infamous M119 ticking noise: This car has intermittent hydraulic lifter ticking noise. Drivability is not affected and the ticking isn’t noticeable inside the car.

I’ve done numerous 500+ mile trips in this car. Superbly comfortable, tons of room, and astonishing gas mileage (24-25 MPG) for a 275HP V8. The interior is in beautiful condition. Never smoked in. No food. I have no kids or pets, no one hardly ever sat in the back seats. Awesome sounding Bose surround system.

I will also include like new 16inch snow tires.

I’m selling this car for cheap at only $7499. My loss is your gain. The price reflects the deductions from the issues I mentioned above. Please, NO LOW BALLERS OR FLAKES. I don’t want to waste your time, please do not waste mine. Please PM me or email golfingdoc [at] gmail.com. Thanks
Old 03-31-2007, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
sold