Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Start/Stop Button

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Start/Stop Button

Engine Start/Stop button.

If your car has the Smartkey, your car can fit this Start/Stop button; however, it only works if your car has Keyless Go without the Start/Stop Button on the gear shift.

For those of you who don't have Keyless-Go, this start stop button is only pure form, just no function.

Please note: If you do have Keyless-Go and you do have a Start/Stop button on the gear shift, this start stop button will not do anything for you except cover the black hole.

This part retails for $48, looking to sell for $39. Local pickup welcome in Newport Beach, California (not Silicon Valley as stated on the left).

Item can probably be shipped for $5 within Continental US.
Attached Thumbnails Start/Stop Button-img_6182.jpg   Start/Stop Button-img_6183.jpg   Start/Stop Button-img_6184_1.jpg   Start/Stop Button-img_6185_1.jpg  
Old 08-21-2007, 04:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a w203 cÖuper

this is off topic but can you ever ask your dealer to install the keyless go feature on a non-keyless go car?
Old 08-21-2007, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I'm not the expert but I assume it's not possible. The Keyless-Go system requires some additional parts that are hardwired to the actual engine computer and ECU (for security reasons) and to install such a system would be prohibitively expensive if done ex-factory. Perhaps Steve at MBenzNL would be able to give a better answer.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by patrick_y
Engine Start/Stop button.

If your car has the Smartkey, your car can fit this Start/Stop button; however, it only works if your car has Keyless Go without the Start/Stop Button on the gear shift.

For those of you who don't have Keyless-Go, this start stop button is only pure form, just no function.

Please note: If you do have Keyless-Go and you do have a Start/Stop button on the gear shift, this start stop button will not do anything for you except cover the black hole.

This part retails for $48, looking to sell for $39. Local pickup welcome in Newport Beach, California (not Silicon Valley as stated on the left).

Item can probably be shipped for $5 within Continental US.
Is there a link? I'd like to buy one of these. I have a smart key.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Item still available.

Purchase this item now and I will throw in a special invitation to the Maserati stand at the Los Angeles auto show. This invitation allows the bearer and a guest to enter the velvet rope at the Maserati stand. Offer good through November 25th (end of the Los Angeles auto show).