Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS: M112K (C32 / SLK32) cams

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 12:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
FS: M112K (C32 / SLK32) cams

For sale:

Cams from a M112K motor (for C32 or SLK32).

Full disclosure on these cams:
I purchased heads from a M112K motor on e-bay about 6 months ago. The heads came from a blown (as in buggered!) M112K motor, and the cams came with these heads.
The guy who sold me the heads was very shady in terms of disclosing what had happened to the motor. In fact, he wouldn't tell me anything useful! I originally purchased these heads with the intent of seeing if a port/polish job was feasible. Upon receipt and inspection of the heads, it appeared as if a catastrophic event occurred in one or more cylinders resulting in shearing of one exhaust valve. This, in turn, probably led to the damage that was observed in the corresponding portion of the cylinder. Bottom line is that the heads are no good for anything.
I removed the lifters and cams from the heads. I had somebody do measurements on the cams with the intent of having a custom cam profile made. That engineer informed me that he couldn't optimize the design ($$-wise) to make it a worthwhile project compared to what is already available in terms of aftermarket cams for the M112K.
Which brings me here! - I want to get rid of these cams!

About the cams:
Part numbers AMG 42 011790181 and AMG 43 011920253.
Both cams look absolutely fine and have the cam gears still bolted to them. The engineer who took measurements from them said they showed some signs of wear but were still fine for use.

Price?
Ideally I would love to see somebody who is attempting a 320 - 32K conversion project use them. For you, shipping + a nominal fee = $50. I've learned and saved a bunch of $$ from being on this forum and I'd like to pass it on to somebody.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
bump for a great guy!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
For a trustworthy and contributing member. These cams should have already found a new home.

boohooramblers- If you ever find some decent heads, we would love to hear how it’s coming along.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Thanks guys!

Cams are sold to somebody taking on a 320 - 32K project!