Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Fs: 87 300e

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz/Bimmers/Vdubs
Fs: 87 300e

I have a 1987 300E (Anthracite Gray / Gray Leather Interior) that needs a new home. The car looks great but has some mechanical issues. The paint, leather seats (not MB-Tex) / interior are in great condition considering its' age. A/C works fine and was converted to R134 a few years ago. It has an Alpine stereo, Boston Acoustic Speakers, PPI 5 channel Amp and Rockford Fostgate dual 10" subs in a sealed enclosure.

Now the bad. The engine has the common intermittent "Engine Stalling" issue. I've replaced the OVP, fuel pump relay, fuel pumps, distributor cap / rotor but is still stalling intermittently.

The transmission is leaking and shifts poorly from 2nd to 3rd. The front engine cover leaks and needs to have the gasket replaced.

The sunroof cable binds and the power antenna doesn't work.

I was going to work on this car but I really don't have the time anymore. The car runs great despite the leaking tranny and stalling issue. The car has 125,000 miles and has been in our family since we bought it new by my dad in Nov 1987. I'm asking $1,800. The car is located in Modesto, California. You can e-mail me at antgli@yahoo.com if you have any questions. Here are a few pics of the car. Thanks!