CLE Class Coupe (C236) & Cabrio (A236) 2023-

Seat issues (including passenger seat)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2024 | 07:44 AM

Seat issues (including passenger seat)

Hello,

I have a CLE200 which is less than 1 month old and I am facing two specific issues:

1) Driver's seat easy entry/exit feature: This is a feature which moves the steering wheel out of the way, and the seat backwards, so that you can easily exit the car. It can be found in Settings > Vehicle > Comfort. In this menu, you have the option to select either the steering wheel or both the steering wheel and the seat to move out of the way. The issue is that after a few drives, the car randomly "forgets" the setting to move the seat out backwards - so only the steering wheel moves out of the way. At this stage, if I go into the above menu, I can see that the "seat setting" toggle has been switched off. Obviously this is not working as intended and the car should not forget stored settings. I don't think this relates to profile synchronization or profile settings being "confused" between profiles. There is only one profile on the car.Also, this has nothing to do with the seat being already in a position which is deemed by the car to be sufficiently positioned backwards to exit easily (claimed as the justification under some other threads). My seat position is stored in memory under M1 and the easy entry/exit movements work just fine for a few days (or drives) before being randomly toggled off for the seat setting.

2) Passenger seat folding backrest: The passenger seat has a mind of its own and does not recline back to the previous seat position when it is unfolded back. According to the car's manual, what it should do is return to its previous stored position i.e., the position it had prior to being folded (https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/services/manuals.html/cle-coupe-2023-10-c236-mbux/seats/folding-the-front-seat-backrest-forwardsback-vehicles-with-memory-function)

This is a big issue as when I have son enter the back of the vehicle, when I fold the backrest back into position, the chair slides back farther away from the point it was before (as per memory settings), thereby hitting his shoes.

​​​​Hope someone has a solution.
Old 09-21-2024 | 09:19 AM

CLE53
Originally Posted by Stephanosh
Hello,

I have a CLE200 which is less than 1 month old and I am facing two specific issues:

1) Driver's seat easy entry/exit feature: This is a feature which moves the steering wheel out of the way, and the seat backwards, so that you can easily exit the car. It can be found in Settings > Vehicle > Comfort. In this menu, you have the option to select either the steering wheel or both the steering wheel and the seat to move out of the way. The issue is that after a few drives, the car randomly "forgets" the setting to move the seat out backwards - so only the steering wheel moves out of the way. At this stage, if I go into the above menu, I can see that the "seat setting" toggle has been switched off. Obviously this is not working as intended and the car should not forget stored settings. I don't think this relates to profile synchronization or profile settings being "confused" between profiles. There is only one profile on the car.Also, this has nothing to do with the seat being already in a position which is deemed by the car to be sufficiently positioned backwards to exit easily (claimed as the justification under some other threads). My seat position is stored in memory under M1 and the easy entry/exit movements work just fine for a few days (or drives) before being randomly toggled off for the seat setting.

2) Passenger seat folding backrest: The passenger seat has a mind of its own and does not recline back to the previous seat position when it is unfolded back. According to the car's manual, what it should do is return to its previous stored position i.e., the position it had prior to being folded (https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/pass...emory-function)

This is a big issue as when I have son enter the back of the vehicle, when I fold the backrest back into position, the chair slides back farther away from the point it was before (as per memory settings), thereby hitting his shoes.

​​​​Hope someone has a solution.
I have the same problem with the car randomly switching off the Easy Entry/Exit Drivers Seat, I'm not sure about the passenger seat recline. In addition, my Hands Free Trunk Access doesn't work at all.

I was initially told that there would be an over-the-air software update but I then read in the "Initial Quality or Build Problems with New AMG CLE53" thread that this is a Firmware problem. That means a Hardware update/replacement. Sounds like a EPROM chip problem.

The last time I called about this my SA said that he is waiting for some notification from MB through the Baltimore VPC (Vehicle Preparation Center) on when the "fix" will be rolled out.

I'm going to talk to the SA today. I have called MB Customer Service in then past and just got "lip" service, all they did was refer me to my dealership SA... I may call them again anyway just to go on record with these problems.
The following users liked this post:
Stephanosh (09-21-2024)
Old 09-21-2024 | 02:21 PM

Thanks for the info. Please share any progress if you can..

PS: forgot to mention in my previous message that the car also forgets the setting for auto folding mirrors on key lock, although this has happened only 2 times in 3 weeks so not as frequent as the easy entry exit issue.