CLE Class Coupe (C236) & Cabrio (A236) 2023-

Who has "Traffic Light ASSIST"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2024 | 04:41 PM

CLE53
Question Who has "Traffic Light ASSIST"?

Not "Traffic Sign Assist". I was initially confused by that too. When the car comes to a stop at a traffic light, the Nav camera displays the Traffic Light. One of the cars that I test drove had it and I thought that it was either Standard or part of the Pinnacle Trim with the Augmented Reality for Navigation, which I have. My car does not have it and I don't see this option anywhere in the literature.
Old 10-17-2024 | 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
It's called Traffic light view and should be under the vehicle assistance settings where you can turn it on/off. I'm not sure all models have it, because I don't think I've seen it in the W206 loaners I had, but I've seen it in the EQ loaners. It's rather useless in North America, though, and I turn it off if it's enabled. It's a feature that makes sense in Europe where the traffic lights are mounted on the near side of the intersection, so if you are the first car in line it's a real pain to see the traffic lights. In North America, traffic lights are usually set up on the other side of the intersections, so there is no issue seeing them and the traffic light view just shows what you can already easily see through the windshield. Maybe MB has started to realize that this feature makes little sense here and codes it out in US spec models.

Last edited by superswiss; 10-17-2024 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2024 | 05:06 PM

CLE53
I only mentioned it because I drove a US CLE53 with it. I really like it especially when you're driving East/West and dawn/dusk and have the sunshade down. What has me more confused is that, when using the Nav system, the Traffic Light View will turn on when you're first or second in line at a light and you can clearly see the light on the display. Pretty useful for me, but I have no option to turn it on/off.
I'm hoping that the MBUX update will fix this.
Old 10-17-2024 | 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the DOG or on mbusa.com, but if it's available then it's most likely part of the optional Driver Assistance Package and not a standard feature.

Old Yesterday | 02:57 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
Traffic Light Assist is actually cooler than Traffic Light View. If you're in the right part of the world, the car will communicate with the traffic light and show you a countdown until it changes.
Old Yesterday | 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Sockinatoaster
Traffic Light Assist is actually cooler than Traffic Light View. If you're in the right part of the world, the car will communicate with the traffic light and show you a countdown until it changes.
As far as I understand it was discontinued at least in the USA for lack of places where it works and it never worked quite well. The system doesn't actually communicate with the traffic light. Instead it communicates with a cloud infrastructure that gets data from the local traffic control center. Unfortunately at times there's lots of latency and the information shown in the instrument cluster can be way off. One of those technologies that needed more time in the oven before being released and much broader support to really be useful.

Last edited by superswiss; Yesterday at 03:32 PM.