CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

COMAND/NAV experts..is this it????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COMAND/NAV experts..is this it????

I'm getting ready to install a navigation system(PioneerAVIC-2) and after a hours of search engine looking and many conflicting answers, I hope that I have found the elusive speed sensor wire for my 99 CLK. The green w/black stripe wire as shown in picture goes into the blue connector block but does not continue through out the other side. this particular group of wires are located behind the passenger kick panel. I hooked up an old voltmeter (analog not digital) and get a reading of about 5+ volts no matter how fast I go, when I stop the car and put it in neutral it goes to zero volts. Going into reverse, it oscilates between 4 to 5 volts then drops to zero before I go into drive. My question is, is this the elusive "speed sensor" wire to tap into for the nav unit?
Attached Thumbnails COMAND/NAV experts..is this it????-speed.jpg  
Old 03-06-2005, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E320 CDI.SOLD..'02 CLK430 Cabrio(SOLD),08 Disco3..1996 FLH-TP, 2017 E300
Appears to be...

Recently installed a Euro Comand in my '02 CLK430. Connected the Comand's speed sensor wire to the same Green/Blk wire (Blue 8 pin connector behind passenger side footwell), as per SteveNL's directions.

The only difference though, was that my "Blue connector" was not ganged together with others as yours. Found mine buried in the wiring channel under the rocker panel. I had a blue 4 pin connector where your's appears to be.

See attached:
Attached Thumbnails COMAND/NAV experts..is this it????-vssclk.jpg  
Old 03-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, that pretty well verifies that I stumbled upon the right wire!