CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Anyone here have a Euro spec CLK 55 cab?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Anyone here have a Euro spec CLK 55 cab?

I need a vin number. I'm looking for some euro 55 Cab parts, and the US Customer assistance center won't help me without a VIN. Anybody got one, or a suggestion where to get one? Yes, a 208, preferably an 03. Thanks for the help...
Old 03-17-2005, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
These guys are pretty helpful.....

http://www.amg-owners-club.org/board/en/wbb2/index.php
Old 03-17-2005, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Oops....I just searched there

.....and realized you had posted a question to them some time ago about this very topic. It appears that since only 400 W208 AMG cabrios were produced (most for the U.S. market, it is believed), your chances of finding somebody with a euro-spring setup may be pretty slim. I'm sure you are painfully aware of this.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I was told by the folks at the AMG Owners Group that the euro-spec springs were just a tad shorter, but the AMG dampers were the same (there was only one spec., not a U.S. version and euro version).

Expanding on that information, it appears that if you can get your hands on some euro-spec springs (IF they exist - as I said - most of the cabrios came here to the U.S.) and '55' cabrio dampers, you may solve your issue. Or, just buy a W208 AMG cabrio

If I were considering the changes you are, I would drive an AMG cabrio first (if you haven't done so already) to see if there is any real improvement to your liking. I know you've been frustrated with your current setup for some time.

One other guy on the AMG forum suggested a Brabus setup. Have you looked into that? Was Gert not able to assist you?