CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Question for Steve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 R230 SL55 / 94 W124 E500
Exclamation Question for Steve

Hello there,
I am trying to retrofit a complet Nokia 6310i phone kit in my Europ COMMAND 2.0E for the European W208 CLK 2001.
This kit require using the fiber-optic cable which was provided with the kit and to be connected the D2B input in the COMMAND. The problem is My CD Changer is already connected to D2B input,and there is only 1 input for the D2B in the COMMAND ,so i could not install both in the same time . Either a CD Changer or the phone to be installed in there . Are there any adapter wiring for this ,to get them installed both or any other solutions? Please help and advise .Thanks

CAR VIN : WDB2083651T058522
-------------------------------------------------

DC COMAND 2.0 E
Prossesor Module :8618001150
--------------------------------------------
Attached Thumbnails Question for Steve-comand2_anschluplan1.jpg  
Old 03-27-2005, 07:08 PM

OK , i did a research on this ,and i came up with these info's:
The system has to go in a D2B-Ring .
How would i connect them in a ring?
is there an adapter out there?
I just have a cd changer and the phone kit using this fiber-optic no voice recg. only 2 items on my car.
is there an adapter out there? what part # is that? how do you configure the D2B-Ring method?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:53 PM

Again, i am answering my own question, i even went to the dealer looking for some info's , and they knew nothing about the D2B-Ring!
finally ,
I found how to do the D2B-Ring, but i am not sure yet if this one will work . i will give it a shot when i am free. i hope these info's are correct. check this one out..
Attached Thumbnails Question for Steve-13.jpg  
Old 04-01-2005, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
I ran into the same questions installing the MB CD changer into my 2002 W208. I recall finding a service guide that said which components (i.e. head unit, cd changer, phone, nav, etc.) need to be installed in what order. Different models had a different sequence. i'll try to dig up, but it has been awhile.

the last picture you show is a typical D2B ring, where you have the master going to each slave in a daisy chain fashion. I believe the red lense is where the light exits a device and the white lense is where the light enters a device.

Again I'll try to look for the guide. One other thing. I believe that US sold cars have the fibre optic network installed on all cars (of course for those that had fibre optic available) regardless of what options you bought the car with (nav, phone, cd changer, etc). So it was a matter of installing the device (cd changer in my case) to the network since all the wiring was already there. If you do not have a US sold car then I think you will only have provisions for the devices sold in that car. Then if you are adding devices, not replacing, then there is more work involved.

Have you tried posting this in the audio electronics section?
Old 04-01-2005, 05:46 PM
liz

hi! I am new here. I know this is off the topic however, I wasn't sure of how to complete a new thread. Just bought a 2002 e-320 (210) with the bose "premium" pkg. The system sounds poor, the are no highs and the tweeter is located in the lower door panel, also the rear deck speaker only provides base. That being said, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to upgrade the speakers. The techs informed me that extra tweeters and a 3-way in the rear deck might blow the amp. Can anyone provide any suggestions? They also informed me about the possible frying of the radio if I upgraded the amp. Please help.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by dennism13
I ran into the same questions installing the MB CD changer into my 2002 W208. I recall finding a service guide that said which components (i.e. head unit, cd changer, phone, nav, etc.) need to be installed in what order. Different models had a different sequence. i'll try to dig up, but it has been awhile.

the last picture you show is a typical D2B ring, where you have the master going to each slave in a daisy chain fashion. I believe the red lense is where the light exits a device and the white lense is where the light enters a device.

Again I'll try to look for the guide. One other thing. I believe that US sold cars have the fibre optic network installed on all cars (of course for those that had fibre optic available) regardless of what options you bought the car with (nav, phone, cd changer, etc). So it was a matter of installing the device (cd changer in my case) to the network since all the wiring was already there. If you do not have a US sold car then I think you will only have provisions for the devices sold in that car. Then if you are adding devices, not replacing, then there is more work involved.

Have you tried posting this in the audio electronics section?
Thanks for your reply,
I Installed the phone ,and the CD changer with no problems. I used the last picture as a guide ,and it worked perfectly! My car is not a US sold car , but it is the same method on the Optical-Ring. However, it took me a while to figure out how to do it, and i got no help from this forums, but i hope these info's will help someone else out there who maybe in need for it. Thanks again for your help.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:18 PM

CLK 320
Originally Posted by liz
hi! I am new here. I know this is off the topic however, I wasn't sure of how to complete a new thread.
Hi, and welcome. I think you can start a thread by clicking "New Thread" in the top left of each forum (Audio & Electronics for example)

[/QUOTE]Just bought a 2002 e-320 (210) with the bose "premium" pkg. The system sounds poor, the are no highs and the tweeter is located in the lower door panel, also the rear deck speaker only provides base. That being said, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to upgrade the speakers. The techs informed me that extra tweeters and a 3-way in the rear deck might blow the amp. Can anyone provide any suggestions? They also informed me about the possible frying of the radio if I upgraded the amp. Please help.[/QUOTE]

You also might try posting this question in the Audio & Electronics Forum. Or at a minimum get some ideas from the older threads/posts.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:30 PM
liz

Smile

Thanks for the info. I'll try your suggestions.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:19 AM
Banned

I am trying to link a autopc joyride through an auxillary port via connecting to the d2b fiber optic loop. In what pattern do the systems exist? (ex. 1=?, 2=?, etc)
Old 11-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned

Install Almost complete

Well, I have finally come to the closing part of my installation. All I have left now is to pickup some extra wires, (power and ground, and composite audio) to run to the trunk for the auxillary adapter.

Heres the steps if you are planning on installing an Auxillary adapter into the fiber optic loop.

Parts: Blitzsafe MB AUX D2b interface
Clarion Autopc Joyride

These are the important things I needed to know:

1. Get to know your Blitzsafe tech personally, Talk to Ira he understands mercedes.

2. The Bose amp is located in the back passenger side of the trunk next to the rear stop lamp about a foot down. The Optics are on the underside.

3. You have to install the aux input at the optic connection at the amplifier, not the head unit.

4. DO NOT CUT THE FIBER OPTICS NO MATTER WHAT. This will cause "pandoras box to unfold" as Ira the Blitzsafe tech says.

5. Read the directions.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at sirenebekim@aol.com