CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Transmission jumpy - '99 clk230 Kompressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 CLK230 Kompressor
Transmission jumpy - '99 clk230 Kompressor

Hi Guys,

I am new here so I apologize if I am braking the local etiquette

Anyways, I have a CLK 230 Kompressor here in Brazil. I am having some weird transmission (apparently) problems. I will try to describe it as best I can but it isnt very easy to explain.

When slowing down, the clutch decreases to a lower gear, but it appear that the engine RPMs are too high for the lower gear, resulting in a non-smooth, jumpy transition of gears.

When accelerating, the car is also apparently switching gears at the wrong time as the RPM still appears to be too high, and not go down quick enough to reflect shifting to the next higher gear...

Mechanics here in brazil dont know jack-**** about anything electronic or anything at all... especially at the dealers... And they have an annoying way of trying to convince ou that "its normal" whenever they cant fix it...

A bunch of mechanical stuff has been changed by a tranny specific shop, but to no avail. I am beginning to wonder whether this cant be either related to the injection/acceleration controls, or some sort of electronics in the transmission.

A search for "transmission" on this forum didnt yield anything....

Thanks for any help guys! or even poiinting me elsewhere to post this question!

Cheers from Brazil!
Roy
Old 05-14-2005, 01:20 PM

CLK 230 Kompressor
You need to get your car plugged into a star dianostics computer. It can tell you if any of the gears are slipping by looking at the torque readings of your latest drive.
My transmission died at about 100 000 kms, and got permanantly stuck in second gear. Properly rebuilt now.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:46 PM

'99 CLK230 Kompressor
Just to confirm, is this the one that MBenz dealers would have?