CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2005 | 10:30 AM

CLK 230K & BMW 325Ci
Unhappy Need Help!!

Dear all,

I really need help . Is there anyway I can disable or cheat the exhaust sensor after the catalytic converter? Reason is my original cat is dead and the stealer that sold me the CLK put a fake cat on. I'm having idling problems because the sensor is getting a screwed up reading due to no cat.

How do people disable the second sensor when they decide to de-cat the CLK?

Any advice is highly appreciated.
Old 06-11-2005 | 10:55 PM

new cat would be good. deleting the cat is not a good idea. ****ty back pressure and stuff. get another cat off someone that has a wrecked clk.
Old 06-12-2005 | 11:28 AM

CLK 230K & BMW 325Ci
thnks for the advice. Just a new cat cost alot. Finding a used one is quite difficult where I am. I have found these o2 Simulators, do they work???

Old 06-12-2005 | 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by digi
Dear all,

I really need help . Is there anyway I can disable or cheat the exhaust sensor after the catalytic converter? Reason is my original cat is dead and the stealer that sold me the CLK put a fake cat on. I'm having idling problems because the sensor is getting a screwed up reading due to no cat.

How do people disable the second sensor when they decide to de-cat the CLK?

Any advice is highly appreciated.
Dealer did what? If the dealer willfully disabled the emissions system in an effort to fool someone into buying the car, he just committed at least 3 crimes. Make him fix it or report him to the DMV, EPA, ARB and the DA.
Old 06-12-2005 | 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by E55AMG99
Dealer did what? If the dealer willfully disabled the emissions system in an effort to fool someone into buying the car, he just committed at least 3 crimes. Make him fix it or report him to the DMV, EPA, ARB and the DA.

Unfortunately, it looks like this guy is in Hong Kong. Who know's what they can get away with there... I'm sure the EPA would have some type of jurisdiction over the fact.
Old 06-12-2005 | 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by CERY
Unfortunately, it looks like this guy is in Hong Kong. Who know's what they can get away with there... I'm sure the EPA would have some type of jurisdiction over the fact.
That's what I get for PUI (posting under the influence)!

Aftermarket cats not available? The O2 sensor is a variable output device. Maybe, if you can measure the output of a good sensor at operating temp, you can match it with a resistor. Maybe.
Old 06-13-2005 | 12:49 AM

CLK 230K & BMW 325Ci
Hi e55amg,

I brought the car from a dealer and the cat was blown so they fitted something on that would work for a week and then I'd see the engine check light! Scums

CERF's right, alot of hassle to wrangle with these f**kers. I'm finding it hard to get a alternative, any ideas on a good direct fit cat!

Thks u for replying and helping out!
Old 06-13-2005 | 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Well, since your model car was not available in the US, I don't know where to find an OEM or direct fit replacement. What about a generic model that can be welded in place? Random Technologies makes some high performance stainless steel models http://www.randomtechnology.com/universal.html

Best of luck