CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Should i buy a CLK430 or NOT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackC230, I'm not trying to boast or make you feel bad, however, I did extensive bargaining with AutoHaus, MB Ft. Laud., LP Evans, and Bill Usery back in December '01 when I ordered my car (you can view my discussions on post from previous months)

AutoHaus was full off SH_T, they only gave me a $500 dollar discount and a CD changer, saying that they "sell a lot of CLK's" so they will be losing money if they went any higher. They claimed to be the second largest dealer in the country. Who cares !!! The other's gave me $1000. However, Bill Usery wanted my business so badly, they gave me $4500($55K including all options)I kid you not. I initially could not believe it myself. E55Kev reffered me to a dealer in D.C. and they went as high as $5000 to get my business, however the deal fell through (shipping logistics and I had to settle for capri blue)

AutoHaus said that Bill Usery was just "puppy *******" me into ordering the car. Since I only left a $500 refundable check (which they did not cash until after I got the car) I had nothing to lose so I stuck with Bill Usery. However, the car did come a month late (April), but that's because it missed the ship and stayed in the port for a month. I'm happy with my deal (even though I'll be getting Enterprise loaners).

I think the main reason why they did not cut you sweeter deal was cause the car was on the lot, and people hate waiting. In my case, I ordered mine, so I did not mind waiting. My advise to anyone reading this and is considering getting a W208 (2002), talk to Bill Usery they are really trying to push these baby's out the door. Let me know and I'll refer you to my salesperson. I learned that they quit taking orders in May.

Like I said, it's water under the bridge !!! Enjoy your car, you'll love it!!!!!!!

DapperBNZ
'02 Orion Blue CLK 430
K Everything
MHDezent CL style hood/grill (on order - Evo Sport)
Lorinser Roof deck and trunk lip (on order - Evo Sport)
OZ Operahs-8.5" (F) 10.5 (R) (AutoClass)
Old 07-08-2002, 10:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by DapperBNZ
BlackC230, I'm not trying to boast or make you feel bad, however, I did extensive bargaining with AutoHaus, MB Ft. Laud., LP Evans, and Bill Usery back in December '01 when I ordered my car (you can view my discussions on post from previous months)

AutoHaus was full off SH_T, they only gave me a $500 dollar discount and a CD changer, saying that they "sell a lot of CLK's" so they will be losing money if they went any higher. They claimed to be the second largest dealer in the country. Who cares !!! The other's gave me $1000. However, Bill Usery wanted my business so badly, they gave me $4500($55K including all options)I kid you not. I initially could not believe it myself. E55Kev reffered me to a dealer in D.C. and they went as high as $5000 to get my business, however the deal fell through (shipping logistics and I had to settle for capri blue)

AutoHaus said that Bill Usery was just "puppy *******" me into ordering the car. Since I only left a $500 refundable check (which they did not cash until after I got the car) I had nothing to lose so I stuck with Bill Usery. However, the car did come a month late (April), but that's because it missed the ship and stayed in the port for a month. I'm happy with my deal (even though I'll be getting Enterprise loaners).

I think the main reason why they did not cut you sweeter deal was cause the car was on the lot, and people hate waiting. In my case, I ordered mine, so I did not mind waiting. My advise to anyone reading this and is considering getting a W208 (2002), talk to Bill Usery they are really trying to push these baby's out the door. Let me know and I'll refer you to my salesperson. I learned that they quit taking orders in May.

Like I said, it's water under the bridge !!! Enjoy your car, you'll love it!!!!!!!

DapperBNZ
'02 Orion Blue CLK 430
K Everything
MHDezent CL style hood/grill (on order - Evo Sport)
Lorinser Roof deck and trunk lip (on order - Evo Sport)
OZ Operahs-8.5" (F) 10.5 (R) (AutoClass)
Thanks for telling me about the dealer. I have heard of it and seen it alot but never been there. With autohaus i dont think that they give the best deals. With my C230K they wanted twice as much as MB of Ft. Lauderdale and autohaus was giving me less options. After i got the car from Ft. lauderdale i called autohaus on purpose and told them the price i am paying for a more expensive car and they did not belive me. I think on my CLK430 i also did good the price was still over $54,000 but dont get me wrong they helped me out alot with my payments so i am very satisifed and think they did a great job. As for me calling around to other dealers i really hate to go threw all the hassle of going there and settling for some colors and options they dont have, So Mb of Ft. lauderdale had the color i wanted with all the options i wanted and they really did a good job with giving me a good deal with my payments, so like i said i am happy. And i am enjoying the car. I am not planing on getting another car in less than a year from now, but maybe when its a year i will start looking and if its a Mercedes (which it will be) maybe i will check out Bill Usery.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2002, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Lordy, Lordy, Lordy.....

You guys are amazing. Given the amount of time spent slamming dealers here, I would think at least one person might be alert enough to realize that there's hardly any deal good enough on a W208 coupe. They're not selling in any markets, dealers and the port have plenty, and there's new product on the horizon. But you guys commend someone who got a $500 discount? This fellow is anxious to get out of his XK-8 because he's worried about the depreciation, but jumps into a car that's already out of production--and buys a current model year in July? I'm also concerned because they "helped him out with the payments" (?)--that sounds like either mileage restrictions or monkeying around with the residual...My aim is not to start fanning the flames. It's just that there is so much mis-information and changing of the winds on these boards. One minute the dealer's an SOB because he wants to make a grand on $50k, the next minute, he's doing someone a favor because he slammed someone into a discontinued, end of the year product which is dead in the water sales wise.
I'm confused!
Fair profit is good, and that's what pays the bills. But to slam dunk someone into a unit that's there on the lot, and then say they're treating him well....I just don't get it. Maybe I missed something, but if a $500 discount off MSRP was the real price (is that off the real sticker?), then that is about a $3000 gross for the dealer, pre holdback and pre F and I profit. BTW, why don't you look at the data card that's in the back of your service book, and take a look at the production date? Betcha that car would have lasted the weekend....sorry, through now. Let the flames begin, I'll watch from afar.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
No flames from me, allenjdmb. Well-reasoned, just too much anecdotal c... in the foregoing posts!

I shopped all five S. Florida dealers. All factors considered, AUTOHAUS Pompano came out on top.

Excuse me, I am heading there now for my free, lifetime brushless car wash -- and the free gourmet coffees! tnx
Old 07-10-2002, 05:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Re: Lordy, Lordy, Lordy.....

Originally posted by allenjdmb
You guys are amazing. Given the amount of time spent slamming dealers here, I would think at least one person might be alert enough to realize that there's hardly any deal good enough on a W208 coupe. They're not selling in any markets, dealers and the port have plenty, and there's new product on the horizon. But you guys commend someone who got a $500 discount? This fellow is anxious to get out of his XK-8 because he's worried about the depreciation, but jumps into a car that's already out of production--and buys a current model year in July? I'm also concerned because they "helped him out with the payments" (?)--that sounds like either mileage restrictions or monkeying around with the residual...My aim is not to start fanning the flames. It's just that there is so much mis-information and changing of the winds on these boards. One minute the dealer's an SOB because he wants to make a grand on $50k, the next minute, he's doing someone a favor because he slammed someone into a discontinued, end of the year product which is dead in the water sales wise.
I'm confused!
Fair profit is good, and that's what pays the bills. But to slam dunk someone into a unit that's there on the lot, and then say they're treating him well....I just don't get it. Maybe I missed something, but if a $500 discount off MSRP was the real price (is that off the real sticker?), then that is about a $3000 gross for the dealer, pre holdback and pre F and I profit. BTW, why don't you look at the data card that's in the back of your service book, and take a look at the production date? Betcha that car would have lasted the weekend....sorry, through now. Let the flames begin, I'll watch from afar.
I kind of dont understand your point. My 99 jaguar was known to have a terrible re-sale value. Unlike most mercedes hold there value a little more. The reason i really wanted to sell it now was because i only got 39,000 for it with so little millage. And it would only go down. So i was intreseted in another mercedes and i saw this at the dealer and liked it so i put a deposit on it and called other places. Even Non mercedes dealers. Said that they are hard to get. and i dont understand what u mean by dealers have them. None in my area. And u cant even order one. So i just dont understand what your saying. i did the most i could by calling and going to dealers in my area, and out of the area. So this was the color combo i wanted so i bought it. And the price was better than some other dealers in my area with the same options. So i think i did ok. And i really dont care if i diden't i dont mind paying what i am and i got the car i wanted and the deal is done so no matter what its to late so i dont care.

karl k - Pretty much most of the MB dealers wash your car for free but i would never have them do it. They dont come out as good as i would like.
And also MB of Ft. lauderdale also gives the free coffee and even cookies as well as the free car washes.
Old 07-10-2002, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Re: Re: Lordy, Lordy, Lordy.....

Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
And also MB of Ft. lauderdale also gives the free coffee and even cookies as well as the free car washes.
Autohaus has a lunch buffet, lol. Not sure what the schedule is for it, but I do know that it is not every day.
Old 07-10-2002, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Re: Re: Re: Lordy, Lordy, Lordy.....

Originally posted by Accord

Autohaus has a lunch buffet, lol. Not sure what the schedule is for it, but I do know that it is not every day.
LOL. well i am not sure if MB of Ft. does or does not have that. But i am not saying Ft lauderdale is better i just went there because they are giving me better deals. But i actually still like autohaus. I am probally going to go there for service.

before my c230 coupe all my other mercedes were purchased at autohaus.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
karl k - Pretty much most of the MB dealers wash your car for free but i would never have them do it. They dont come out as good as i would like.
BlackC230Coupe: Really? Cookies??

How about Dinners at a four-star restaurant?...and doughnuts!...buffet-lunches?...and a museum-quality SHOWROOM!

The last time I was at MB Ft. Lauderdale, they had the same coffee that my Acura dealer serves.

The MB Ft. Lauderdale complex looked like a 7/11, Burger King and Gas station all thrown together. Parking was impossible and the showroom was the size of a two-car garage, - totally unbecoming of the products they were selling... I know, I know, they are apologetic about their facilities and tell everyone, that a new showroom is in their future plans, and ground has been broken.

For every Mercedes-Benz purchased
from Autohaus,
you will receive one certificate book good for:

Entrance to our annual sweepstakes
Three complete auto details
Free gift wrapping with purchases from our
boutique
Two discounted valet pickups and deliveries
Two complimentary rental upgrades
Dinner for two (valued at $75.00) at the
Grille on Congress in Boca Raton

Plus two sets of winshield wipers.

2002 E-320 loaners

NOW Comes the CHALLENGE:

Show me another dealer's website, that matches this in Florida, -- the USA or --the World.

AUTOHAUS lists this and more on their site under AUTO PLATINUM:

http://www.autohauspompano.com/aplatinum.asp

...enough of the anecdotal c... SHOW ME THE BEEF!

What a country!
Old 07-10-2002, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
I have to agree with Karl that...

Autohaus Pompano is pretty f'ing incredible, if for no other reason than sheer volume. But someone, namely customers, has to pay for it. And that's OK! i have never been one to quibble about paying more--I just like to get the extra goodie that should come with that. And yes, I saw the new Lauderdal MB store. Cheez, it's going to be a monster. There's practically an interestate highway running from the ground to the roof..I'd say from seeing it last weekend that they're about 60 days away from opening. Planning a return engagement to see that!
Old 07-11-2002, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by karl k
BlackC230Coupe: Really? Cookies??

How about Dinners at a four-star restaurant?...and doughnuts!...buffet-lunches?...and a museum-quality SHOWROOM!

The last time I was at MB Ft. Lauderdale, they had the same coffee that my Acura dealer serves.

The MB Ft. Lauderdale complex looked like a 7/11, Burger King and Gas station all thrown together. Parking was impossible and the showroom was the size of a two-car garage, - totally unbecoming of the products they were selling... I know, I know, they are apologetic about their facilities and tell everyone, that a new showroom is in their future plans, and ground has been broken.

For every Mercedes-Benz purchased
from Autohaus,
you will receive one certificate book good for:

Entrance to our annual sweepstakes
Three complete auto details
Free gift wrapping with purchases from our
boutique
Two discounted valet pickups and deliveries
Two complimentary rental upgrades
Dinner for two (valued at $75.00) at the
Grille on Congress in Boca Raton

Plus two sets of winshield wipers.

2002 E-320 loaners

NOW Comes the CHALLENGE:

Show me another dealer's website, that matches this in Florida, -- the USA or --the World.

AUTOHAUS lists this and more on their site under AUTO PLATINUM:

...enough of the anecdotal c... SHOW ME THE BEEF!

What a country!
what do u mean by dinners at 4 star resturaunts is that a one time thing or what??
Also it does not matter to me what services the dealer has to offer because to me i like to spend the least time possible there. I will never go there for any other reasons than purchasing my car, servicing or if theres a problem. I dont need any free bee coffee or anything else i have seen it and just would never think of taking any. to me its a car dealer not a hotel.

And the reason i am talking good about MB of Ft. lauderdale is because i have never bought any cars there before my c coupe and since then they gave me better prices than anywhere and also better service. My family and I in my household has purchased more than 9 Mercedes From autohaus and never liked the servive dep. but everything else was very nice.

I think autohaus should hire u to advertise for them u sure do a good job at it. But its nice to know that they do have happy customers.

I also passed the new Mb of Ft. lauderdale which is being built and it looked very nice and very big. almost Similar looking to autohaus.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
to me its a car dealer not a hotel.
That is a great quote!

I am sure that MB of Ft. Lauderdale will improve as a whole, not just the facility, when they make the big move.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!

That is a great quote!

I am sure that MB of Ft. Lauderdale will improve as a whole, not just the facility, when they make the big move.
I am sure they will improve. When i went to the dealer they had some sales men from autohaus that just started at Ft. lauderdale just to be able to work at the new place.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)

I am sure they will improve. When i went to the dealer they had some sales men from autohaus that just started at Ft. lauderdale just to be able to work at the new place.
Improve??

Just look at their website under "specials".

The G Gelaendewagen is a FULL $20.- below MSRP! What a special! Or as you have received, a free CD player...

http://www.autonation.com/dealers/ma...specials.ehtml

REPEAT:

NOW Comes the CHALLENGE:

Show me another dealer's website, that matches
this in Florida, -- the USA or --the World.

AUTOHAUS lists the PERKS on their site under AUTO
PLATINUM:

Old 07-11-2002, 07:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Improve??

Just look at their website under "specials".

The G Gelaendewagen is a FULL $20.- below MSRP! What a special! Or as you have received, a free CD player...

http://www.autonation.com/dealers/ma...specials.ehtml

REPEAT:

NOW Comes the CHALLENGE:

Show me another dealer's website, that matches
this in Florida, -- the USA or --the World.

AUTOHAUS lists the PERKS on their site under AUTO
PLATINUM:

Are u sure u dont work for autohaus???
I am not even going to click those links just because i have lots of experience with both dealers. Actually alot more experience with autohaus.

I am not trying to compare dealers or say which is better. I am not into all the free things a dealer will offer. Like i said before i only wanna go to the dealer to buy a car or bring it in fro service. i dont care about any other free things they need to offer.

Oh course i go to autohaus alot to visit the gift shop.

Again the reason why i am very well satisfied with Ft. lauderdale is because the better prices i got. Maybe its because i know the manager there very well so he is able to give me that, But just for an example with my C230 coupe when i went to autohaus a standard c230 with a manual transmition and not one other thing was $177.00 more a month and then when i went to Ft lauderdale they had the color coupe i wanted with an automatic transmition and the C-7 package and they threw in some other things. I got a more expensive car and i saved $177.00 a month now u tell me where u would purchase the car from? would u buy it from autohaus just because u love the dealer so much or would u get more options and save alot on your payments.??
By the way after i bought the car from Ft. lauderdale i called the sales men at autohaus and told him what i was paying and he did not belive i even got the car.

The reason i purchased my CLK430 from Ft. lauderdale is because they had the color i wanted. with the options i wanted for a good price. If autohaus would have done better i would have been more than happy to purcase my cars from there.

But dont get me wrong when i will get another mercedes i will look at autohaus and see if i can get a good price. I still love the dealer.

Even though there dealer may be the nicest and they may give the most things if u purchase a car there. They never beat The prices Ft. lauderdalde gave me.
Old 07-11-2002, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
BlackC230Coupe:

Last year, when I shopped for a 2001 SL500 @ ALL FIVE S. Florida dealers, Autohaus was not a couple hundred $$ (as you found in Ft. Lollipop) better than the others, but a full $12,000 below MSRP, - beating ALL competition. So much more for this anecdotal c...

I'll be at their grand opening, whenever that may be, in Ft. L -- and kick some tires.

Remember: Competition is healthy!
Old 07-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
BlackC230Coupe:

Last year, when I shopped for a 2001 SL500 @ ALL FIVE S. Florida dealers, Autohaus was not a couple hundred $$ (as you found in Ft. Lollipop) better than the others, but a full $12,000 below MSRP, - beating ALL competition. So much more for this anecdotal c...

I'll be at their grand opening, whenever that may be, in Ft. L -- and kick some tires.

Remember: Competition is healthy!
Well maybe its just me getting the good deals at Ft lauderdale becuause i know the manager and he trys to give me the best possible price. so what ever the reason is i wont complaign i will just go where i get the best price.

I would not mind competition if i worked for the dealers but since i dont i am only a coustomer and could care less about how they try to compete with other dealers.

By the way why will u be at the grand opening of u dont like it there?
Old 07-11-2002, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
By the way why will u be at the grand opening of u dont like it there?
Of course I'll like it there - I love competition. I almost bought Wayne Huzienga's (the CEO of Autonation) dark green 2001 CL500 last year, but Wayne wanted it for a couple more months.

The grand opening will last for a week - usually. That's what happened a couple of months ago at the COLLECTION in Coral Gables, when they opened their new complex.

http://www.thecollection.com/qspot.htm
Old 07-11-2002, 11:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Of course I'll like it there - I love competition. I almost bought Wayne Huzienga's (the CEO of Autonation) dark green 2001 CL500 last year, but Wayne wanted it for a couple more months.

The grand opening will last for a week - usually. That's what happened a couple of months ago at the COLLECTION in Coral Gables, when they opened their new complex.

Well i know it will be a while till they open and i am not sure when the next time i will go there is. So when u go there for the grand opening let me know how it was.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)

Well i know it will be a while till they open and i am not sure when the next time i will go there is. So when u go there for the grand opening let me know how it was.
Sure.

Perhaps we can coordinate and kick tires together!?
Old 07-11-2002, 11:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Sure.

Perhaps we can coordinate and kick tires together!?

haha, sounds like fun.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Check this out: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=12009
Old 07-12-2002, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Theres a lot of talk and no action regarding meets here in South Florida. I say we plan a get together at the grand opening of the new facility at Mercedes-Benz of Ft. Lauderdale.

No idea when the new facility is scheduled to open, though.

What does everyone think?
Sure!

You take the lead -- and pls. let us know what/when/where.

Lets kick some tires while eating sushi and rubbing elbows with Wayne H., while getting to know all of the smart MB enthusiasts from this GREAT forum!
Old 07-12-2002, 02:51 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 182 Posts
MBZ of Ft Laud is scheduled to open between Sept 5th-10th. There should be some high level corporate MBZ people present and I'm sure it would be nice to meet some of them and give them our feedback. Someone wrote they knew the GM there, if so lets definetly coordinate our event at the opening, it should be great

RJC
Old 07-15-2002, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Opening

Sounds good to me! Keep me posted. BTW were in SpFlo do you guys get MB accessories and xterior mods?????(Besides the dealership) Any in Miami??? Please advise!!
Old 07-16-2002, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The only local places that I know of besides dealerships, are Renntech in West Palm Beach and Autoclass in Miami.

www.renntechmercedes.com and www.autoclass.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should i buy a CLK430 or NOT?