CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK Phone Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 CLK 320
CLK Phone Install

My 98 320 has a female coax antenna cable and wide-ethernet-cable-looking female plug thing under a cap in the lower console compartment. I was wondering if anyone knows if these are already hooked into an antenna and power, etc, or if they're just dead-ended and there in case someone wants the option.

I found that with the CD Changer, all I had to do was buy the changer and it was pretty much plug and play. I had hoped that it was the same for the phone stuff.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Samuelec
My 98 320 has a female coax antenna cable and wide-ethernet-cable-looking female plug thing under a cap in the lower console compartment. I was wondering if anyone knows if these are already hooked into an antenna and power, etc, or if they're just dead-ended and there in case someone wants the option.

I found that with the CD Changer, all I had to do was buy the changer and it was pretty much plug and play. I had hoped that it was the same for the phone stuff.
It depends on whether you get Steve to install the UHI system into the car in which case it would be able to at least accept several newer phones.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK430 Cabrio
The wiring is there; the hardware probably isn't. You would need to install the PSE, antenna booster, antenna splitter, and cradle to make the OEM phone setup work. Not to mention the handset itself, which must be Mercedes branded to work with the system, or you could add a MikBox to the OEM setup in order to use generic phones. UHI is another option as well. Search the "Audio and Electronics" forum for more on these topics.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
i retrofitted a mb phone kit and vcs in my w208 not too long ago, do a search under my name